Two-Way Voice integration with NuVo GC?

js19707

Right now I have a 10A11-1 (Rev C IIRC) two way voice board and 33A00-4 Alarm Console w/ Speaker and Mic. spoken messages from my OPII are output there.

I also have an 8 zone NuVo GC whole house audio setup, and i was planning on using NuVo's source 6 as a paging channel.

I currently have a mini-Stereo to Stereo RCA cable connecting the two-way voice board into the source 6 inputs on the GC. I was planning on running some bell wire (20ga) between the page output on the board and the mute/page trigger on the GC.

The back of the HAI is looking for a 3.5mm mono plug afaict, so i was planning to take a cable with 3.5mm mono plugs on both ends and cut it in half, then tie each wire to one wire of the bell wire.

Will the voltage of the page output be sufficient to trigger the page functionality on the NuVo? Or do i need to do something like Worthington's recommendation for Russound/HAI page integration?

Anything else i should be aware of (other than powering down the OPII before i hook it up)?

The 10A11-1 Two-Way Voice Board provides a contact closure output to trigger paging. I believe the NuVo system takes a contact closure to trigger paging, so you should be able to hook it up with a mono patch cable with a mini plug on each end.

The 10A11-1 Two-Way Voice Board provides a contact closure output to trigger paging. I believe the NuVo system takes a contact closure to trigger paging, so you should be able to hook it up with a mono patch cable with a mini plug on each end.

thanks for the quick reply brian!

my questions are really as follows:
  1. Do I need to wire the contact closure between AUX 12V and GND as Worthington recommends for the Russound?
  2. The NuVo accepts a contact closure but the receptacle is a mono plug on the NuVo end. what's the easiest way to create the requisite cable? it needs to be mono 3.5mm plug on the NuVo end and a two wire connection on the HAI end.

A mono plug IS a two wire connection. Simply get a mono plug and connect the two wires to it. Or, get a mono cable, cut it in half, and splice in a longer length of cable. The Russound system is controlled differently. It is looking for a voltage input rather than a contact closure.

Back