Connecting Omni Pro II to Nuvo GC for announcements of alarms etc...

Hi.  I apologize, but when I searched through the forum, all I saw were comments and directions on how to connect the two for control of the Nuvo GC, I could not find the answer on how to configure the OPII, and Nuvo GC to announce through the GC.  Does that make sense, I hope??? 

I have the Two way communication board, the latest firmware for the OPII and PC anywhere.  I also have the latest firmwares and Configurator software for the Nuvo GC.

I know I have to run a mini jack out of the Two way communication board to an input source on the Nuvo GC.  then I have to run from the two way board to a mini in on
what port in the Nuvo GC?

Then how do I configure the Nuvo GC software?

When I select source 6 in the configurator software, which is where the OPII is coming in as a source, it is asking me to select a device to associate with source 6, and in the list there is no HAI selection.  

Also, under the system tab, what do I select there?

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you very much coconut!  I really appreciate the reply.  I am wondering if the Viking will also come in handy, especially since it can take an input, leaving input 6 on the Nuvo GC still available for another device!  I will probably pick up one of those viking units now that I have seen them. I am still confused on the HAI nuvo end about a couple of things.

(To anyone else:  Maybe I'm searching using the wrong phrases or words for this topic.  I know I have found it before both through google and here, but I am just not having any luck right now finding any documentation on this.  Any help would be so much appreciated.)

I think I understand now that the Two way voice connects with a two wire, to MONO (?) mini plug.  

HAI Two way voice - PAGE OUT -> Nuvo GC Ext Mute input
HAI Tow way voice - LINE OUT -> Nuvo Source input 6

Is that part correct?  (What will happen if I happen to use a stereo mini plug in the PAGE OUT -> NUVO GC EXT MUTE input?  Will it still work?)

The next question:  What do I put as the device in the Nuvo configuration software (The latest version: 2.66 is what I have.  At least I think that is the latest version.)

Then lastly, related or maybe not:  I can NOT find anywhere, where people are getting this HAI OmniPro II 3.9 firmware!  I have 3.15.  Am I missing something?  I am also looking for a good resource that will tell me what all the current firmware, screen versions, software versions etc. are at.  I have several 5.7's, 5.7e's, OmniTouch, Serial Server's, etc, and I can't for the life of me find a source to tell me what all the different firmware should be at for all the hardware and software.  Maybe I need to update something to make the page feature work.  

Thank you again!

If you come up short here in this thread, you may be able to tap your distributor for ideas.

There is also a dedicated HAI subforum here. Some distributors (CT sponsors) post there.

So..  I did come up short in this thread, but I also managed to find the HAI subthread you mentioned.  Thank you for that.

I might have also figured out what I was doing wrong:  I was selecting Nuvo Concerto in the module section (module #3, because 1 and 2 are hardwired expansions.), because I thought that Nuvo had to be configured as a module, as well as in the serial port.  I have my Grand Concerto's in Serial 2, and configure them as Nuvo Grand Concerto.

So my question is:  When do you use Nuvo Concerto in modules???  Do they even make a Concerto anymore? ( not the Grand Concerto, but just the Concerto?)

Thanks again!

Back