UPB Relay Module Problem

hucker

I have an SA UPB relay module hooked up to a bathroom fan. I can see it with UPStart and can program it without any problems (no errors, changes are made and read back etc). It is definitely not setup to blink! The darn thing won't stop cycling on/off about once every 3 seconds. Any ideas?

I'm almost done with all the UPB stuff, sure don't like the delay, but man is it easy to work with...

i'd say, try turning off local control. it may be automatically turning on when detecting power on the line.

I have an SA UPB relay module hooked up to a bathroom fan. I can see it with UPStart and can program it without any problems (no errors, changes are made and read back etc). It is definitely not setup to blink! The darn thing won't stop cycling on/off about once every 3 seconds. Any ideas?

I'm almost done with all the UPB stuff, sure don't like the delay, but man is it easy to work with...
Unfortunately, its a known problem. I have it as well. It occurs with inductive loads like fans. The only fix I know is to build a small filter between the fan and module. Helped my problem 95% but not 100%. I also hear they redesigned the thing, but that doesn't help me. Id never buy the relay version again.

Unfortunately, its a known problem. I have it as well. It occurs with inductive loads like fans. The only fix I know is to build a small filter between the fan and module. Helped my problem 95% but not 100%. I also hear they redesigned the thing, but that doesn't help me. Id never buy the relay version again.

Ano,

I have 3 bathroom fans all the same and only one does this, is there any place that explaines what you suggest?

Back