UPB wireless remote? IR or RF...

Will the new product from WGL also function as an w800 so that we could keep the existing functionality that w800 offers along with the capability of upb.

Well, from what I've gathered, it will work similarly to the w800 in that it will receive X10 RF signals, but it will not receive the security codes.

DeLicious said:
Will the new product from WGL also function as an w800 so that we could keep the existing functionality that w800 offers along with the capability of upb.

Well, from what I've gathered, it will work similarly to the w800 in that it will receive X10 RF signals, but it will not receive the security codes.
You are correct. It would have been awesome if it did both. This way we could simply replace the w800 with this product. BTW the product is out. The other option is to have homeseer convert the w800 stuff and send it out to upb. It is possible to do that.

I think I will just mapp the x10 codes in ELK. so if m1 is tuned on then turn on the PLC assigned to the link. It should work just fine.

http://wgldesigns.com/upb572.html

regards,

The new product is not a replacement for the W800 - it is a replacement for the V572.

We have purchased the entire first production run of these and expect them to be in stock on or before the 10th.

Back