UPB wireless remote? IR or RF...

pkshiu

Member
Are there such devices? I like to have a wireless/handheld controller as part of our UPB setup. And if there is a IR version that I can train my Home Theater Master universal remote, it's even better.
 

tech-home

Active Member
Nope but you could make something work.

IR receiver>>Some software>>UPB signal

Zwave does have them though and Harmony is planning on a Zwave remote
 

hotwire

Member
PCS makes a six button UPB controller that receives IR to control the lights. What model remote do you have?

Kenny
 

pkshiu

Member
hotwire said:
PCS makes a six button UPB controller that receives IR to control the lights. What model remote do you have?
I have the Home Theatre Master MX700, the one with the accompanying "baby" remote. I thought I saw something from PCS as well, but I have never been able to find it again on the web.
 

hotwire

Member
The UPB device part number is WMC6*, the part that works with X-10 SMST6*. The * indcates what color the device is. They look the same but work with different systems.

Hope this helps,
Kenny
 

pkshiu

Member
Thanks guys for finding the PCS remote. I wasn't even looking at the 6 button transmitter since I thought it has to be "inferior" to the 8 button one, which does not have the IR receiver built in. Go figures.

I am a bit confused with the retailing of the PCS modules. On Automated Outlet, they do not list any prices and seems to indicate that (which PCS themselves says on their website) it is for "dealers/installers" only. On Smarthome apparently there are a few of their devices available (and with a great deal). What gives? I hate to have to keep ordering from both of these places.

PCS is certainly not making it easy for the DIY'er...
 

noshali

Active Member
kwilcox said:
I just use X10 remotes, a W800RF and automation software that bridges to UPB links.
I have a w800 and would like to control upb. how are you doing this and what software are you using. Thanks.
 

toymaster458

Active Member
noshali said:
kwilcox said:
I just use X10 remotes, a W800RF and automation software that bridges to UPB links.
I have a w800 and would like to control upb. how are you doing this and what software are you using. Thanks.
WGL Designs will be releasing a UPB Transceiver version of their W800RF next month. Another option is to use it on the Elk to control UPB
 

noshali

Active Member
toymaster458 said:
noshali said:
kwilcox said:
I just use X10 remotes, a W800RF and automation software that bridges to UPB links.
I have a w800 and would like to control upb. how are you doing this and what software are you using. Thanks.
WGL Designs will be releasing a UPB Transceiver version of their W800RF next month. Another option is to use it on the Elk to control UPB
Will the new product from WGL also function as an w800 so that we could keep the existing functionality that w800 offers along with the capability of upb.

regards,
 
Top