*** Uplink 4500EZ Serial Connector Pic. Need to find the pin out...

The only places Ive been able to find such connectors is at Mouser, Digikey or Ebay.  With a smaller connector I think Mouser or Digikey are your best bet.

Youd have to do some research into the AMP connector catalog to pull the part number, then you can search the sites for it.

I dont know what the connection on the 4500 looks like compared to the 2500, but I know there is a thread around here somewhere that actually specifies the parts needed for the 2500 connector (looks like you already have that on one end of the cable).

Would the 6 pin connector fit onto the 4500, spacing wise?  if so, it could just be a matter of moving the conductors to line up in the 6 pin connector to match what the 4 pin connection is expecting.

EDIT: I know its not the greatest solution, but you can probably get away with pulling the pins out of the existing 6 pin connector and then just sliding them right onto the corresponding pins on the 4500.  If you are worried they might fall off, a little hot melt glue around the connection would help with that.

Thanks. I wonder if they charge high shipping. for a .50c part, it would not be good to pay 12$ in shipping. I was hoping radio shack would have it if i dig deeper. They had little electronic kits that have the males, but i did not see the connectors. I might look again.

I might look around in my scraps. Might find one.

2 rows of 6 might be some form of PC connector....maybe a COM or USB port header? 

Even if you have a port header thats only 3 or 4 wide it should cover the pins necessary for connection to the 4500.

And yes, Rat Shack is useless.  "You've got questions, we've got blank stares"

I used old cables/connectors from the HD , power, reset switches from the front panelof a old computer case. Worked good.. You need 2 two pins ones. Uplink 7 & 9 are next to each other and 10 & 8 can be paired. Only Connect the three you need.

So I ended up finding a solution. I tried buying a connector, but it is kind of hard to do when there are millions of options out there. So I ended up taking the cable that came with the XSP, and pulling the pins out, then cut the connector in half at the third pin. Shaved off the necessary locking mechanism and other guides. Then put the back to back, put the pins back in in proper order. Done. Took me all of 10min. Applied a bit of caulk between two pieces so they would stay together. Its working great. 

gcimmino said:
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm having trouble with my Uplink 2500 and have decided to upgrade to the 4500.  I'm going to take the old cable and hack it to work.

It looks like this will be a good connector for the 4500 end and I'd appreciate it if anyone who has one can verify.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PPTC062LJBN-RC/S5520-ND/775978

Thanks
Seems like it would work though it may be tough to close the cover on the 4500ez. I made the cable with the pins attached to a end of cable and plugged them in.Works fine.

To close the loop on this:  I ended up ordering these from Digi-Key.  They worked just fine and with the right angle, the cover closes nicely.

gcimmino said:
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm having trouble with my Uplink 2500 and have decided to upgrade to the 4500.  I'm going to take the old cable and hack it to work.

It looks like this will be a good connector for the 4500 end and I'd appreciate it if anyone who has one can verify.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PPTC062LJBN-RC/S5520-ND/775978

Thanks

srodgers said:
All setup as of today. Jamie from Alarm Relay called me and stepped me through the setup. Tested several zones and the Smoke detectors and all is working.

I have installers manual .pdf for the 4500ez if anyone needs it.
Hello, Mr. Rogers. Can you please send me the Uplink 4500EZ installer's manual? That company is SO consumer unfriendly. Thanks.
Steve

I just wanted to wake this old thread up and say thank you.  I cut my 2500 connector to make a 4500 connector and it took all of 10 minutes (OK, plus 2 hours of looking at various stores locally to get suitable connectors without luck - no one sells components of any sort any more locally I guess).

I'll get with Alarm Relay tomorrow to get it switched over, but converting the cable is trivial.  The plastic is soft and a scalpel let me cut it in half easily and trim the aligment/latch portions.

Mp333 said:
Got my hands on the Uplink 4500EZ today. Fired it up and would not get the Service to blink or the Network Status to blink at a slow pace. Tried it in the basement, First and second floor and nothing. Then I tried using a 8" antenna I have from my old DSC Alexor and voila. It started to work. Service LED blinks and Network Status blinks once a second.I installed the original 3" Antenna and it also seems to work fine. Not sure what was going on? It also seems to work in the basement. Granted AT&T signal is not the best in my area.
The mystery serial cable apparently plugs into the lower left quadrant where you see the exposed pin (JP12). Its a 12 pin connector above the two small IC's. There is no mention of the Serial functionality in the specs. The serial cable from Uplink 4500CAB is priced at $40 which is my opinion way too much. I am going to attempt to make my own. I have the material to make one. Just need to figure out the pin out for Serial interface. I have attached the pics for anybody panning to use 4500EZ.
I DID buy the 4500CAB and am ready to install. Unfortunately, there are no guides for the connector, and I am unsure which orientation is correct. Which end of the cable connector is PIN1?

561e701e43e1b9d9d5f389d967fc205b.jpg

Back