Uplink setup verification

DeLicious

Can someone help me verify that I have hooked up my Uplink Digicell AnyNET correctly? I have a 6-pin molex connector spliced onto the DB9 female cable that came with the XSP. The connections look like:

Molex pin - Molex color - DB9 color - DB9 pin
----------------------------------------------------
2 - Black - Green - 3
3 - Red - Red - 2
4 - Green - Black - 5

I've also followed all the instructions in the XSP manual, but I'm still not getting anything in my NextAlarm log when I arm/disarm (yes, the Elk communicator settings are set up for that). Should I expect to see all communicated events in my NextAlarm log or just alarm events?

Can someone help me verify that I have hooked up my Uplink Digicell AnyNET correctly? I have a 6-pin molex connector spliced onto the DB9 female cable that came with the XSP. The connections look like:

Molex pin - Molex color - DB9 color - DB9 pin
----------------------------------------------------
2 - Black - Green - 3
3 - Red - Red - 2
4 - Green - Black - 5

I've also followed all the instructions in the XSP manual, but I'm still not getting anything in my NextAlarm log when I arm/disarm (yes, the Elk communicator settings are set up for that). Should I expect to see all communicated events in my NextAlarm log or just alarm events?
The wiring/splicing is correct. Have you independently checked the diagnotics of the Uplink unit itself? Certain blinking lights tell you whether or not the unit is transmitting, take a look at the Uplink manual. My unit has been working over a year and I simply follow the instructions on both XSP and Uplink manual for setup

yes, the lights on the uplink indicate that there is only one signal (slow blink, i think), but that signal strength is good (fast blink). i wish there was a way to determine if a) the info is actually getting to the uplink, and :unsure: the uplink is communicating correctly

the status light on the M1XSP seems to indicate that communication with the M1 is happening, but I have no verification that info is getting from the XSP to the uplink and then onto nextalarm.

Why not put yourself on NextAlarm test, disconnect your phone line, and set off an alarm? Then go to NextAlarm.com and look at the log. When you are on test NextAlarm can't see your signals but they will be logged.

ok, for those of you setting up an Uplink with your Elk, if you activate through NextAlarm, be sure to tell them you are using direct serial communication rather than triggering it with a siren output.

ok, for those of you setting up an Uplink with your Elk, if you activate through NextAlarm, be sure to tell them you are using direct serial communication rather than triggering it with a siren output.

Is it a safe assumption that with an Elk system, the Uplink will be using the direct serial connection? With the majority of systems, the Uplink uses the siren output.

Back