Using DS10a with CRMagnetics current switch

Hey Martin, I just have a quick question about your set up....

You ran your space heater thru a CR9380-NPN. How many times did you have to wrap the wire thru your CR9380-NPN ?

Also, are you using any other stuff in your setup? ie...burden resistors? Did you just run the wires from your CR9380-NPN directly to your DS10a?

Where did you guys get your short extension cables from? Just a local supply store or something?

Thanks,
B

I'm using CR9321-NPN's, more by trial and error than anything else. I didn't find
the need to wrap the wire, I just put it straight through. I use one of these extensions,
then add another 3 prong plug.

http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-64108/Detail

I hook it straight to the ds10 leads, no resistors or other parts. I'm using it with success on stuff
that pulls everything from 350 mA to 11 A.

Thanks again to BSR for pioneering this. It's incredibly useful.

Hmmm... that's interesting, I wasn't aware I needed to do separate programming. How did you program it with the CaddX panel? Yeah, it works great with the magnet

The instructions in the Caddx setup have an option that tells it if it is sensor is to be normally closed or normally opened. Here is the actual verbiage. I don't have to set Option 2 if the NX650 uses only the internal reed switches.

Input Option 2 for door/window transmitters that use a normally open external contact, leave this feature off (N/O). For door/window transmitters that use a normally closed external contact, turn this feature on (N/C).

But if the magnet works with the elk panel, then I would guess that the problem isn't the programming.

I connected a cr9321 npn directly to a ds10 and it works great, NO resistors or extra parts.

I use it to detect when my electric heater is on in the garage.

StevenE

I want to monitor a water pump motor to see when it's running. I have lots of DS10a's... and have easy access to the pump wiring... so split versus non-split really doesn't matter.

Can I use the CR9380-ACA or CR9312-NPN directly connected to a DS10a?

wow - I have to say that I'm impressed with the shipping speed with Digi-key. I made an order on Sunday night and it was delivered to Ontario, Canada in under 24 hours! Now that's fast!

Back