Using Normally Open contacts with ELK 6022

nmcbride

Hey everyone, I'm having a heck of a time getting my 6022 to trigger a rule in my ELKRP2 software using an NO sensor on the LP1 contacts. I have the sensor enrolled, the reed switch activates its rule as it should. I than enrolled the sensor again in the next zone selecting LOOP1, enabling "option2" for NO as per the ELK 6022 manual. When I trigger the contacts I can see the 6022 transmit and my M1XRFTW blinks its green light showing reception of the signal. But the rule will not activate. Any ideas?

FWIW, on Elk's own cut sheet it states the external loops are both NC. I don't see anywhere on the 6022 docs that state it allows either a NO or NC input.

Your post isn't clear as to what loop is actually firing the rule, LP1, LP2 or LP3.

HI there, it is LOOP1 for the LP1. The manual for the 6022 states that by enabling Option2 in the wireless enrollment I could use NO sensors as opposed to the NC sensors. I have a new 6022 on the way now from ELK so I can test it out and let you know how it works.

Back