Vizia RF Programming modules?

shenandoah75

Johnny9 / Martin,

You guys have any more details regarding the programming software noted in this thread?
http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showto...&hl=viziarf

My understanidng was that the serial adapter could only serve as a secondary controller. Biggest frustraion to me is that you don't have much control in terms of ordering/numbering the devices on the handheld remotes. If i could do this in software app and register, that would be slick (in addition to those long awaited enhancements to elk's serial module for the same)

Spanky any additional word? (http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=7740&hl=)

thx
-brad

Leviton was in our building a couple of weeks ago conducting a ViziaRF class. At that class, they also mentioned that there would soon be software, from Leviton, that would help with all of this. The goal is to make it similar to the UPB Upstart software.

They wouldn't commit to a date but I got the feeling that it was still in 2007.

well, not that this is worth anything - just got off the phone with leviton tech support...

The guy sayx that there is "absolutely" no truth to "rumors" that any tool to program the system outside of the hadheld remotes is being developed... Of course i hope he's wrong and just out of the loop, cause i hate having gaps in the node id's and having their order based on when i purchased instead of being able to logically group them. Makes the Elk integration for lighting automation / display really ugly!

well, not that this is worth anything - just got off the phone with leviton tech support...

The guy sayx that there is "absolutely" no truth to "rumors" that any tool to program the system outside of the hadheld remotes is being developed... Of course i hope he's wrong and just out of the loop, cause i hate having gaps in the node id's and having their order based on when i purchased instead of being able to logically group them. Makes the Elk integration for lighting automation / display really ugly!

I talked to tech support a while back and the guy said they were working with Microsoft to develop the software. I was talking to one of the 2nd level guys (1st level guys couldn't answer my questions)... and he claimed to be an engineer... (of what I don't know).

Back