ViziaRF and ControlThink analysis results

shenandoah75

I installed think essentials with my existing network and went to look at signal strength. In some cases, devices all but a few devices are listed as direct neighbors to the rzcop. In the remote, there is an association listed between the two devices. Most of the time commands issues through the rzcop do not occur on the missing node. I've tried network rediscovery on the remot, etc to no avail.... However, rebuilding the network with the thinkessensials and the stick fixed some of the nodes i expected to be direct neighbors, but not all (signal strength between it and the rzcop is good).

1) I'm assuming this means there is no direct path between the devices...
2) why would i see direct relationships bettween and A and B but not A & C when B & C are in the same j-box?
3) Is there anyway to force nodes to become "direct neighbors" using the remote ?
4) Any other ramifications?

Even after doing this 99% of the time, commands from the rzcop fail to register on the one problematic node (node 24) but commands work fine from the usb stick

5) i made the usb stick the primary controller just to see what would happenexpecting to have to prompt the Vizia remote to join as secondary. That didn't occur so control think sees it self as primary as does the remote. Should the be permitted and any issues?

thx in advance
-brad

(ps. all devices are viziarf, not +... I am about to reset all and use the new, updatable remote for the primary controller, but figured i'd test what i'm having issues with)

I installed think essentials with my existing network and went to look at signal strength. In some cases, devices all but a few devices are listed as direct neighbors to the rzcop.

Hi Brad,

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer, but rather a question wrt ControlThink.

I've been trying to upgrade the ThinkStick firmware, but the device simply does not show up in the menu (the USB stick is not used by any other software).

I tried to contact the CT support to no avail, even the sales do not answer the phone and the automated message redirects me to a CT forum which does not accept new users !

Do you happen to know what the deal is, does the company even exists aby longer (I know t was bought by Lutron) or how one can obtain any tech support ?

Thanks a lot.

Val

The Vizia RF routes are an odd thing. Although I don't have ControlThink I have seen the same results as you within the routes. At one point my network became so unreliable I had to factory reset everything and start from scratch, which helped a lot. Leviton claimed it was because I occasionally added new nodes to the network over time. I'm note there was a connection with the unusual routes, but both were happening at the same time.

How do you like ControlThink?

Johnny

Back