VRCOP "reboot"

walken100

My zwave systems dies every now and then. Sometimes within a day sometimes it runs for a week or so. If I unplug the VRCOP and plug it back in things start working again. I can't find a robot to run over and hard "reboot" my module so I need a better answer.

Is there a way to tell the VRCOP to soft "reboot"?

Or if you have experienced this problem and have other suggestions I'd like to hear them. I've found some items on the internet that implies that this is not an unheard of problem and may be installation specific.

Any help is appreciated.

Bart

My zwave systems dies every now and then. Sometimes within a day sometimes it runs for a week or so. If I unplug the VRCOP and plug it back in things start working again. I can't find a robot to run over and hard "reboot" my module so I need a better answer.

Is there a way to tell the VRCOP to soft "reboot"?

Or if you have experienced this problem and have other suggestions I'd like to hear them. I've found some items on the internet that implies that this is not an unheard of problem and may be installation specific.

Any help is appreciated.

Bart

I have the same issue and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have rebuilt my network adding half of my devices and it has been up for a week. I plan on adding the other half this week. I think I have a device that is causing the issue. I only have Leviton devices.

Brian

I spoke too soon It died after my post. I bought a Leviton surge receptical and I am going to replace the the outlet the VRCOP is plugged into. I was thinking of buying a Levtion Zwave outlet and programing the outlet to cycle the power.

This could be my problem as well. My vrc0p is EXTREMELY flaky. Having a hard time getting it to work for more than a few days. I might just get one plug timer and tell it to cycle on/off every morning at 2am or something like that. Thanks for sharing. Now I have something to try.

This could be my problem as well. My vrc0p is EXTREMELY flaky. Having a hard time getting it to work for more than a few days. I might just get one plug timer and tell it to cycle on/off every morning at 2am or something like that. Thanks for sharing. Now I have something to try.

I bought a Leviton Leviton VRR15-1LZ to replace the outlet that the VRCOP plugs in to and I will program HAI to turn off for 10 seconds twice a day. Maybe that will fix it. It is getting old messing with it.

I bought a Leviton Leviton VRR15-1LZ to replace the outlet that the VRCOP plugs in to and I will program HAI to turn off for 10 seconds twice a day. Maybe that will fix it. It is getting old messing with it.

I was thinking about the same thing but I was going to use a 2-way x10 set up so that if the VRCOP died in between recycles I'd be ok. Let us know if this works for you.

Back