WaterCop VS ELK-WSV

heads up folks !!!! anything you buy at surveillent.net doesn't carry a factory warranty from elk. unless it's listed on elk's website anybody else is not authorized reseller and elk won't honor any warranty

I would probably go with the Elk valve. One notable difference is the Water Cop is more of an 'all in one' device that can be used without an Elk (or any other HA process) as it has mobile sensors that can communicate with it directly.

Does anyone have a story to share of their system preventing a flood or major water damage? I'm now trying to justify or convince myself that this is a necessary investment either for real protection or just for piece of mind.

It's kind of like if the 911 attackers had been kicked out of the country on visa violations, no one would have known the disaster that was prevented.

There are lots of stories of people who did have a disaster who didn't have a water valve. I personally know two people, one person had to have the entire house gutted. Both had washing machine hoses blow. I can tell you that neither of these people would have had a disaster if they had the valve I do with the auto shut-off when the system is armed and water sensors under most of the "wet" locations in the house. They probably would have spilled 2 gallons of water, not the 2,000 gallons that actually happened.

Back