Web-Based IP Camera Remote Monitoring System

munishb

Hello,

We have just launched our service www.neverblinks.com, which is a very reliable and robust Web-based Always-ON IP Camera Remote Monitoring Service. With neverblinks, you can set up your cameras on our website, and schedule recording and motion detection sessions without having to bother about running camera monitoring software on a computer managed by you. Our servers stay awake 24/7, and keep your premises secured!

Our servers are secure and very closely monitored so that we can ensure a very high level of reliability and up-time. Our motion detection is top class, with an option to select the Region of Interest through the web browser. And since its a browser based solution, you don't need to install any software before you get going.

We are currently running our limited Beta, where you can register for free and monitor up-to four cameras. Neverblinks supports cameras of many makes, but has been closely tested only for Axis cameras. We are always there to help you out with any support issues at [email protected]. We promise to get back within 24 hours if you require any assistance.

You are invited to use www.neverblinks.com. Please contact us on [email protected] for any questions, suggestions, or enhancement requests,ideas or demo login, and we'd be most pleased to answer you. Once again, we invite you to try www.neverblinks.com !!

Best Regards,
-Munish
www.neverblinks.com
The Most Reliable Always-ON IP Camera Remote Monitoring service

You better get real creative with pricing when you start charging, few want 1fps CIF.

Not to mention having my personal life documented on a server in India.

MN MOBICULES SYSTEMS PVT LTD.
201,2nd Floor, Himland House
Karampura Commercial Complex
New Delhi –110015, INDIA

I respect you for tring but it'll be a while before this really works right for home users. If you have an OC12 at home have at it.

Welcome to Cocoontech munishb! (if you're a real person) :)

I agree with CollinR, and also think you're probably pitching to the wrong crowd here. Most of us are already doing this on our own, without the need (or desire) to have sensitive personal info scattered around the globe and pay ANOTHER monthly fee for the process.

I had a similar service (anyone remember xanboo?) about six years ago, but quickly graduated to just doing it myself. With cheap or free cam applications available for every PC platform these days, along with high-speed internet access and dyndns service; I'm afraid there isn't much of a market for this anymore.

I wish you the best of luck, but as CollinR stated; you're gonna need to get real creative with pricing.

Terry

You really should have contacted a staff member to check if it was ok to advertise your new service. The fact you didn't do this raises a flag, plus Collin brought up an interesting point as well. I will leave the post untouched for now, assuming you respond to this thread to make sure this isn't just some spambot dropping in.

edit: I just noticed you posted this on other forums as well, same exact wording.

Not trying to pick either, but a support email address different from the main domain or service always raises red flags for me.

You better get real creative with pricing when you start charging, few want 1fps CIF.

Not to mention having my personal life documented on a server in India.

MN MOBICULES SYSTEMS PVT LTD.
201,2nd Floor, Himland House
Karampura Commercial Complex
New Delhi –110015, INDIA

I respect you for tring but it'll be a while before this really works right for home users. If you have an OC12 at home have at it.

We do not want to document anybody's life on our servers. Mobicules is a technology and innovation driven company. NeverBlinks is a product offering from our stable.

Coming back your point: We are assuming that if you schedule a session in motion detection mode the chances of regular movement are very less. And if user schedules a session in the recording mode then he/she has two options: 1. Either leaves a computer ON in the premises (Highframe rate is possible) 2. Use a hosted video service like neverBlinks (Theoritically high frame rate is possible, but there are bandwidth constraints). In option 1 the user has to ensure that (i) The computer has a reliable power back-up in case of a power failure (ii) It is accessible from outside.

So it really depends on your requirements.

You really should have contacted a staff member to check if it was ok to advertise your new service. The fact you didn't do this raises a flag, plus Collin brought up an interesting point as well. I will leave the post untouched for now, assuming you respond to this thread to make sure this isn't just some spambot dropping in.

edit: I just noticed you posted this on other forums as well, same exact wording.

My apologies for not taking due permissions.

-Munish

Not trying to pick either, but a support email address different from the main domain or service always raises red flags for me.

Thanks Steve for raising this point.
Mobicules is the parent company that offers hosted video and intrusion alarm service on neverblinks.com. We had some issues while setting up mail server on neverblinks. Fortunately, all the issues have now been resolved. Please not that we wanted to do a limited beta to take initial feedback from users. Till now the feedback from the registered users has been quite positive. Soon we'll close the limited beta: (i) incorporate the feedback in the service (ii) design a brand new frontpage (iii) ramp up our services and then do a formal launch.

Munishb,

I can't say I'm eager to have images of my personal space hosted somewhere, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't mind.

May I suggest, if possible, you improve the demo site's response time. The Screenshots do not display quickly and that doesn't speak well for a product whose purpose is to capture and display images.

Good luck with your business venture!

Munishb,

I can't say I'm eager to have images of my personal space hosted somewhere, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't mind.

May I suggest, if possible, you improve the demo site's response time. The Screenshots do not display quickly and that doesn't speak well for a product whose purpose is to capture and display images.

Keep in mind it wouldn't take long to make a decent schedule, know when you go to work, when you get home... Are the kids home alone after school? Wife home alone from 7:30am to 8:15am. Trust me on this, you don't want anyone you don't know to have access to this data.

This is why I have to get raked by the OSBI (OK version of the FBI) and the FBI, submit all kinds of personally identifyable information. This is so I can give you some assurance that when I service your system I am not making notes as to it's weakness. Dealing with an overseas company totally blows that concept out of the water.

Most of my customers have basically a numbered account, they call and say I am "12345678". I can then bring up their system however I don't have a clue as to where on earth that location is. This is also so I can provide documentation to the licensing agency even though the guy looking overseeing my actions wife had me install covert cams in his living room. I take privacy more serious then any other surveillance company I know of.

I also will not assist someone in violating someone else's privacy. Yes I have had a tanning shop owner call wanting to self install 16 cameras in 4 locations, he only wanted one DVR though. :)

Hello,
The screenshots are at a fairly high resolution, that probably is the reason why they are loading slowly. Thanks a lot for pointing it out. We'll down-sample them soon.
As for privacy, we believe it can really turn out to be a very subjective issue. NeverBlinks is not a service to record one's home videos on. It is primarily to keep an eyes on areas that are un-attended, which, by the definition of being un-attended, don't have people around. It can also be used to check if the kids are home, but then again, the matter is subjective. We think that what would decide is exactly how critical are the video feeds for you, and how useful the NeverBlinks service is for you. We believe that Always-ON monitoring using a server that you don't have to manage is a compelling value addition, and that many people would find it valuable.

As for privacy issues with hosting your data on servers hosted in India, we are very sure that its a real real non-issue. The world's largest companies trust companies in India with their most critical financial and technical data, and Indian companies have been providing services to them with integrity that is beyond question.

We really hope that you would find the service useful and put it to use. We are around to answer any queries, anytime.

Best Regards.

Munishb,

Keep in mind it wouldn't take long to make a decent schedule, know when you go to work, when you get home... Are the kids home alone after school? Wife home alone from 7:30am to 8:15am. Trust me on this, you don't want anyone you don't know to have access to this data.

This is why I have to get raked by the OSBI (OK version of the FBI) and the FBI, submit all kinds of personally identifyable information. This is so I can give you some assurance that when I service your system I am not making notes as to it's weakness. Dealing with an overseas company totally blows that concept out of the water.

Most of my customers have basically a numbered account, they call and say I am "12345678". I can then bring up their system however I don't have a clue as to where on earth that location is. This is also so I can provide documentation to the licensing agency even though the guy looking overseeing my actions wife had me install covert cams in his living room. I take privacy more serious then any other surveillance company I know of.

I also will not assist someone in violating someone else's privacy. Yes I have had a tanning shop owner call wanting to self install 16 cameras in 4 locations, he only wanted one DVR though. :)

Back