Welcome to HomeZix

HomeVista,

I happened to notice the very different styles of writing in a few of your posts above. I am assuming that multiple people are replying under the same username. If I could make a suggestion, have each person use a unique name and put the affliation with your product in the sig. This would allow those you respond to to be able to identify which person is responding. Not a big deal, but at least for me, it makes me feel a sense of ease knowing that who is responding to my message is the same person I think it is.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but it just appeared the first few posts were written by an individual for which English is not their native language, but the last post appeared to be written by a native English speaker.

But back on topic, I checked out the website and I must say the software looks very interesting. I need to view some more of the videos you have on the site, but I like what I have seen so far. As a question, can the icons you use to trigger actions be resized by the user? I have a few instances where I would want smaller icons to be used, rather that the ones that I saw in the demos.

Anyway, I took a particular interest in your product because it is floorplan based, which is why I developed mine in the first place, since floorplans were sloppy afterthoughts in all other HA apps.

Savoy's CyberHouse www.savoysoft.com first released ca 1997 is TCP/IP client-server HA software that supports hardware from a couple dozen manufacurers and has a client UI based on floorplans.

CyberHouise has not been available at retail for about 7 years, and development of home automation aspects ended long ago, but the user interface is still superior to most of the h/pokey browser-based HA clients I've used/investigated. Last year I finally had to upgrade HA SW, but I miss many of CyberHouse's features, especially the floor-plan based UI. It accomodated/s both C and VB extensions, could easily (eg) link live spread sheets or graphics to the floor plan and other (for the time) 'advanced features'. It was retracted from the DIY HA market largely for the same reasons that some other similar products have failed to thrive: being the first line of suppport for hardware manufacturer's products without adequate reimbursement of associated costs.

... Marc

Dear Wizzer,
It is our company’s culture that there is no individual. Each person takes great pride and responsibility representing the company. However, your point is very well taken. We do appreciate that. If you come to our forum we will be able to serve you individually.

But back on topic, I checked out the website and I must say the software looks very interesting. I need to view some more of the videos you have on the site, but I like what I have seen so far. As a question, can the icons you use to trigger actions be resized by the user? I have a few instances where I would want smaller icons to be used, rather that the ones that I saw in the demos.
The appearance (icon) of each device is fully customizable. You can resize, or even load your own bitmap.

Back