What computer x10 hardware/software do you use?

Rupp, HAL and Homeseer are very similar, yet each have their own benefits. HAL supports thermostats, UPB, Z-wave and all other major HA hardware, has a web interface, the VR aspect seems to be superior since it uses a better engine, and seems to be a better solution if you don't like tinkering (but it does have an ActiveX interface if you do like playing with code). Check out their site for more details and screenshots:

http://www.homeautomatedliving.com/default.htm

When I compared HAL and HS I came to the conclusion that HAL 2000 would be most comparable to HS 1.7 and HS is about half the price. I do realize that HS needs some plug-ins and add-ons to = all of the HAL 2000 features but even then it seemed cheaper and I prefer the ala carte approch so I only pay for what I want.

Smaller chunks are easier to hide from the mrs too ;-)

Guy,

Althought the M1 does use ladder logic, the programming is nothing at all like the Ocelot. It has a great user interface and if VERY easy to program!

electron said:
Rupp, HAL and HomeSeer are very similar, yet each have their own benefits. HAL supports thermostats, UPB, Z-wave and all other major HA hardware, has a web interface, the VR aspect seems to be superior since it uses a better engine, and seems to be a better solution if you don't like tinkering (but it does have an ActiveX interface if you do like playing with code). Check out their site for more details and screenshots:

http://www.homeautomatedliving.com/default.htm
Dan it sounds like you just described HS. HS does thermostats, Z-Wave. It has a web interface and VR. I need to study up just so I know what else is out there. I'm still on my $39 dollar license so it's going to be hard to move from that. :D

The main thing that I read about HAL that interests me is the person agnostic VR. Now that I could sell to the wife. Currently no VR as if it only accepts my voice it would be bad. I'm guessing they licensed a VR engine from someone to pull this off?

I have 3 setups each has it's strengths

1 Mac: 1132U and Xtension/Indigo
1 Windows: CM15A/Activehome Pro
1 Linux: CM11A/Misterhouse

Back