What is it?

Pretty close WayneW... I don't know if anybody else has come up with this but.....
I got VERY tired of mounting and adjusting the magnet contacts on my four garage doors. So I went to Mouser Electronics and bought a few rolling ball tilt switches. Attached the wires from the DS10s to the switch, stuck the switch to the top of the DS10 then stuck the whole thing to the inside of the top section of the garage doors with double sided tape. Door opens, section leans back and turns the switch on. Simple and works well. Whacha think?

Ok...that was too easy. How about this one? :blink:

Attachments

• airsensor.jpg
    airsensor.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2
Gemini said:
Pretty close WayneW...
Sorry, I thought we were helping you, not playing guessing games. Give us better pictures if you want better answers :blink:

I would say it is a CD alarm sensor so no one steels your precious music... but it looks like it didn't work :) I don't see the CD. :blink:

It is for sure a mouse checker !

You put a live mouse in there and when it escapes the ds10 tells you your mouse is OK !

Mostly for animal lovers.......

WayneW said:
Gemini said:
Pretty close WayneW...
Sorry, I thought we were helping you, not playing guessing games. Give us better pictures if you want better answers :)
Sorry...didn't mean to jerk your chain...guess I should have included a :D or two. And for the pictures, 150k doesn't allow for a whole lot :( .

The 2nd one obviously has a contact switch connected to a wireless transmitter. It could be just a test-bed. Open the lid to open the contact, close the lid to close the contact. You could use it all around the house to check the range of your wireless network, I suppose. Or you could attach it the door on a dog or cat flap so that the contact is closed when the door is up, thus alerting your home automation system to the departure or entrance of a dog or cat. Or maybe you could use it as some sort of break-sensor hidden under something, like may be a rug? If the lid breaks, your security system could be alerted. Hmmm...

OK, Ive changed my mind..... it is the same as #1 just the poor mans version... as the garage door opens the plastic lid swings down, and the contact opens....

Yet another adaptation for a DS10.
I recently install a new heat and air unit. On the old unit, I had the humidifier wired when the heater fan came on, so did the humidifier. But with a new unit with warranty and such, I'm not allowed to do any "internal" wiring for a while. So was born the "Air Flow 2000 DS10." ;) I just set it inside the return air ductwork (one small screw at the front edge to get it from getting sucked down the return air) When the fan comes on, the flow of air lifts the upper portion of the CD lid with the magnet and opens the DS10 circuit. I use that signal to turn on/off the humidifier. Flow stops, lid closes, humidifier off.

mustangcoupe said:
OK, Ive changed my mind..... it is the same as #1 just the poor mans version... as the garage door opens the plastic lid swings down, and the contact opens....
Dang... that's a good idea....I could have saved on the roller switches! ;)

TonyNo said:
How is that oriented in the duct? Do you have a turboprop blower? ;)
I set it with the open side toward the flow in a horizontal duct. So pretty much like it's pictured. When the flow starts, it just lifts the lid until it hits the paper clip stop. It's made from a "slim" style CD case,(very light) so it really takes very little air movement to open.

Back