What is the difference between Elk M1XSLZW and M1XSP with zwave firmware?

Did i miss this when i searched the forum and elk website? What are the advantages of getting the new Elk M1XSLZW over the older M1XSP and then updating the firmware with 25.x.x ? It looks like the hardware is nearly the same, is it just the preloaded firmware? can i download firmware for other interfaces into the M1SXLZW?

thanks !

They're 2 different and unique items. The XSP does not support beaming.

I don't seee where you are getting the firmware # of 25.X.X

My mistake. the firmware to get the M1XSP to communicate with the Vizia ZWave is 20.x.x. the 25.x.x is for the M1XZW.

20.x.x Field Installable Firmware: Vizia "RZCOP" ZWave interface. (Downloadable from Elk Website)
25.x.x Field Installable Firmware: Elk-M1XZW Z-Wave Module. (Used only in the M1XZW, a subset of the M1XSP)

so the XSP does not do beaming, what about the Security Encrypted protocol? Any other differences? is there a comparison table somewhere?

thanks

No comparison, but if you're doing a particular protocol and interface, you need the appropriate XSP.

I'm on the dealer site and nowhere do I see a field installable and downloadable firmware for 25.X.X. The firmware and unit depends on what firmware your Zwave interface is running

Thanks Cocoonut, but the point is moot. I went ahead and got the XSLZW, installed it and it is working great controlling/communicating with my Vizia devices.

the part i mentioned about the firmware i copied/pasted in directly from the M1XSP user manual (page 4) where it says the M1XSP and the 20.x.x is for using the XSP with the Vizia ZWave interface. Then on page 24 where it goes into detail on using the M1XSP to interface to the Leviton Vizia ZWave lighting controller. I did not actually look on the elk site to see if any of the firmware updates were actually available. possibly the M1XSP is limited to the Leviton VRCOP controller and not the VCCOP-1LW controller.

Back