What type of window contact would you suggest?

Sacedog

I found out yesterday that I will be unable to install flush mount contacts in our new house, as the window manufacturer voids the warranty if the windows are drilled at all.

So I am left wondering what type of contact I will use in the windows (and with a ton of stubby GRI contacts). My initial thought would be a surface mount contact, even thought I would rather not have to look at the contacts.

What contacts do you use, that are fairly easy to install, work well, and look decent? Any pictures would be helpfull too.

I have no problems with the uber common Ademco surface mounts, the smaller that is.

Also since they are only really worthwhile as a deterent, you want the bad guys to be able to see them from the outside.

I have no problems with the uber common Ademco surface mounts, the smaller that is.

Also since they are only really worthwhile as a deterent, you want the bad guys to be able to see them from the outside.

Very good point, as my wife wasn't happy when I told her that the contacts could need to be exposed now.

How are these mounted if you cant use screws? I don't want them to fall off in a couple of years.

Automotive trim adhesive, the stuff they put the logos on your car with. It won't come off too easy. :D

The Ademco's come with some double sided tape, that works ~okay~ you should clean the surfaces very well first.

Due to the "no holes" warranty issue, I have gone to the DSC vanishing window contact. It is only 3/16" thick, mounts on top of the bottom sash and has good range. I also received notice from my insurance company that any mold from a water leak is not covered. I was a true hardwire junkie for almost thirty years, Its just not worth it anymore.

Back