whole house ipod

68sting

I would like to have 5 or 6 zones with a keypad in each room that would display my ipod info. I would buy a dedicated ipod and place it the equipment room. Anything out there?

I was hoping there was something like a Channel Plus MDS-6A Music Distribution System but with keypads that would have a display similiar to an ipod screen. I don't want to carry my ipod around from room to room docking it. I just want to enter a room select a song, playlist, or shuffle.

If all you want to do is audio control, why not get something like a sonos?

Russound CAV6.6 or CAM6.6 with the new iBridge iPod Dock meet your requirements.

ibridge_image.jpg

Cheers,
Paul

I think there is a Nuvo docking station, and a docking station by Sonance as well. I have not looked at them closely enough to know they fit your scenario, although I think the Nuvo one does.

68sting said:
I would like to have 5 or 6 zones with a keypad in each room that would display my ipod info. I would buy a dedicated ipod and place it the equipment room. Anything out there?
A Russound CAV6.6 will display all the ipod info on the keypads using the new Russound iBridge Paul mentions and it works perfectly...I have had one for about a month or so now and it works great!

*I am also beta testing a new iBridge driver designed for CQC and we have the same info appearing within CQC on touchscreens at this time..work still needs to be done but a total Russound RNET driver is being built that will control not only the iBridge but also the complete line of Russound AM/FM/XM/ST tuners as well as the Russound SMS and some other goodies :)

If you just want basic keypad support I highly recommend a Russound system for controlling the iBridge, it will do everything you need...your also not forced to use one iPod and I have been testing with two of them and you just set them in and your ready to go...you do not need a dedicated ipod but if you want it that way it will work fine.

With the basic UNO-S2 keypads you can see artist/track/playlist data however you are somewhat limited...when you enter your playlists you cannot see 10 of them all at once if you have 10 and you will need to scroll through them with the + and - keys basically one line at a time..but trust me its simple and intuitive.

If you have the advanced UNO-TS2 touchscreen(which costs and arm and a leg)you can press playlist and see a chunk of them before having to scroll, the same goes with Genres, Artists and songs..you will see much more on a TS2 as you can see multiple lines of text and not justa single line.

When the CQC driver is complete dependant on your touchscreen size you will be able to see more of that data than the TS2 for genre/artists/songs all at once because your touchscreen would be larger than the small UNO-TS2 screen.

*I highly recommend Paul if you are interested in Russound, he sold me all my stuff with the exception of the iBridge and is *very* knowledgable about everything Russound and could answer every question I had.

Back