Wireless door and window sensor control unit with multiple discrete outputs

Jackruby

I just bought a LaView  LV-99N16C6E 16 Channel video security system.  The system also has 16 discrete alarm inputs. I would like to use wireless window and door contact switches that connect wirelessly to a control panel. I need a control panel that also has discrete outputs so that I can hard wire then into my LV-99N16C6E.  I don't need a very sophisticated control panel.  Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

So are you attempting to connect the door and window sensors to your video system so it zooms in on the camera where the break-in has occured?  There is this device, I'm not sure if they still make it, but its called a Quik Bridge, and its made for "GE" type sensors. Search for GE ITI Quickbridge or Quik Bridge. It can connect to 16 sensors (2 for each zone) and it contains 8 outputs.  It is designed to connect wireless sensors to a wired alarm panel.  The problem will be that you ALSO want to connect these to an alarm, and that could be tricky.  Anyway, this may be a good place to start.  You will need 2 of these for 16 zones, but remember each zone can connect to two sensors. So if you had, say two windows in a room with two sensors and you don't want to wire them together, you can pair then both to one Quickbridge zone.

My video system has an email notification feature. It will send an email when I get a camera alarm. I have these emails automatically forwarded to my text number. So, when I receive an alarm for video camera Event I get a text. For example, I have zone detection turned on for movement. The problem is that I get a number of False alarms. I am considering using other forms a perimeter detection that I can send a simple normally closed or normally open signal. Of course I would want this to be wireless. I would like to then wire the outputs from the wireless main controller to the inputs on the video security system. When they switch has been opened then I will get an alarm from my video system via text message. I could also use the switches on windows and doors as well. Does that make sense.?

I've called a couple of suppliers about quickbridge. No one seems to understand what I am trying to do and won't commit that it will work. I think it will.

Jackruby said:
I've called a couple of suppliers about quickbridge. No one seems to understand what I am trying to do and won't commit that it will work. I think it will.
This works with "GE" type sensors, which are cheap, very reliable, and readily available.  (Some companies make compatible sensors.)  While connecting both a wired alarm panel and your video monitor both at the same time may be a problem, you can certainly use these sensors with other radios on ELK, HAI/Leviton and other panels.  The sensors ONLY transmit, so you can pair them with multiple receivers, the Quickbridge and say the HAI receiver. Then when a sensor trips, both devices will be alerted.

Jackruby said:
It will work.  They are just stupid. 

Back