WIRELESS INTEGRATION OF PHOTO ELECTRIC BEAMS TO ELK

Can anyone tell me if I can install exterior photoelectric sensors and connect them with any type of wireless ELK device to notify panel?  I cannot get a wire from the exterior to the panel.  Thanks!

There are wireless door/window contacts that have auxiliary inputs for a separate wired contact that you could use to connect up to a photoelectric sensor.  The main issue would be whether you have a source of power for the photo sensor.  The wireless contact doesn't have adequate power to drive anything else.

Honeywell 5816: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006BCCRM

There are also similar sensors for the GE/Interlogix and Elk 2-way wireless systems.

I use wireless sensors all around outside my house, especially on gates. Use a little GE silicon. That is all you need. 

Does the Elk M1 Receiver also support the Honeywell 5800FLOOD sensor? Would it just ignore the temperature componemt from that sensor?

The 5800FLOOD provides 3 loops for high temp, low temp and flood conditions.  So it should work with the Elk M1XRF2H just like any other 5800 series sensor.  The 5800FLOOD doesn't report an actual temperature reading.

RAL said:
The 5800FLOOD provides 3 loops for high temp, low temp and flood conditions.  So it should work with the Elk M1XRF2H just like any other 5800 series sensor.  The 5800FLOOD doesn't report an actual temperature reading.
OK I don't really need the temperature part. Curious if the high and low are fixed or can they be set somehow? (I haven't found a link to an instruction pdf yet)

Very cool. thanks! I'll probably get a Honeywell receiver and put it in one of my 3 remaining expansion ranges. All I have left is the slot that must be used if you add a two-way receiver and the two after that (saved in case I need more receivers for coverage) I'll put the Honeywell receiver at the highest remaining range so I can still play with a two-way receiver at some point in the future if I need wireless smoke or CO detectors that will work with master silence/reset. The range in between will let me expand up with two-way or down with Honeywell depending on which has coverage issue. After that my zones are full up unless I scrounge some from keypads!

Back