Wireless Intercoms

upstatemike

Does anybody know the difference between the Oracle and Reporter lines of wireless intercoms made by International Electronics? The Reporter stuff seems cheaper and has a driveway sensor option while the Oracle line offers a doorbell station. I'm trying to determine if you can mix and match between the lines or if it is an either/or situation. Smarthome seems to suggest some interoperability but the description is kind of vague.

Anybody use these products?

Does anybody know the difference between the Oracle and Reporter lines of wireless intercoms made by International Electronics? The Reporter stuff seems cheaper and has a driveway sensor option while the Oracle line offers a doorbell station. I'm trying to determine if you can mix and match between the lines or if it is an either/or situation. Smarthome seems to suggest some interoperability but the description is kind of vague.

Anybody use these products?

International Electronics just sold these products to Chamberlain Wireless (the garage door opener people) and there have been some changes going on in their product portfolio. Supposedly the Oracle products are their high end products, but there are few differences in the wireless intercoms. The biggest difference is that the Oracle portable wireless intercom has a gate control when used with the Oracle GAP. If all you need is wireless intercom system capabilities, go with the Reporter (not called that anymore) line. This is one of my top selling products at MYSPAM and they seem pretty reliable. The Reporter line now has the doorbell station you referred to as well.

Thanks for the update. The doorbell was the key feature that I needed to make sure was included. I have folks who are going to Cell Phones as their primary house phone so PBX based intercoms won't work for them. The wireless approach makes the inclusion of outbuildings a lot easier so that is why the reporter looked like the way to go. Do you know if anybody has tried interfacing a reporter with other paging equipment? I'm wonding if a relay closure could trigger a page out and allow HA announcements over the intercom? (I'm sure I can couple the audio with no trouble).

Back