Wireless monitor for deadbolt in exterior metal gate

Brought down a 1978 Eldo purchased new to FL in 1981. Garage kept up north. Had to store it in a open "garage" under a condo on the beach. It lasted about until 1988. Electronics were good everything else rusted though.

New car in 1988 FL garage kept lasted 10 years. No rust on it when sold in 1998 at about 80K miles. Electronics were good when sold. Car looked new when sold.

Yeah, GM cars of the 70's and much of the 80's seemed to start rusting as soon as you peeled off the window sticker. Cars, exteriors and electronics, last much better now.

I live in AZ, where we can get 3 inches of rain in an hour, and where surface temps on a gate can exceed 150 degrees. Several NX-650's with a dab of silicon glue have worked fine for years without fail.

Ano...what kind of range do you experience with the NX-650's? My worst case would be around 80 ft with a few brick walls involved.

I live in AZ, where we can get 3 inches of rain in an hour, and where surface temps on a gate can exceed 150 degrees. Several NX-650's with a dab of silicon glue have worked fine for years without fail.

Ano...what kind of range do you experience with the NX-650's? My worst case would be around 80 ft with a few brick walls involved.

The NX-650s seem to have good range. When I used a Quickbridge I did have range problems occasionally from one side of the house to another, but that was with a motion detector, not the NX-650. (Sensor to receiver was at least 120 ft.) I added a repeater halfway between the two and it fixed the problem. When I switched to the HAI GE receiver, it worked better and really don't need the repeater but still use it.

I agree, and outdoor sensor would be great. It seems like GE makes so many different kinds of sensors, many almost exactly like others, you think they could at least make one outdoor sensor.

Back