Wireless PIR Question

dsabot

I have a GE 60-807-95R ITI Wireless Infrared Motion Sensor NX481 that I have installed for my Elk M1 system. This is a SAW detector, and has registered nicely into the Elk system. When I did the walk test, the red light on the sensor would turn on and I was able to fine tune everything. But now when I walk past the sensors (no longer in test mode), the red light no longer turns on. Since I am by myself I can't walk past a sensor then to a keypad fast enough to see if I am violating a zone. Regardless it seems that the red light should always turn on when you walk past, am I wrong?

a lot of PIR's will only have the light turn on during test mode so that they are less noticeable to thieves. if you want to know if the zone is violated, go into elkRP and enable chime on that zone, then turn on voice chime from the keypad and see if that zone is announced when you walk past. you can always disable it when you are done.

a lot of PIR's will only have the light turn on during test mode so that they are less noticeable to thieves. if you want to know if the zone is violated, go into elkRP and enable chime on that zone, then turn on voice chime from the keypad and see if that zone is announced when you walk past. you can always disable it when you are done.

zone violations should also be in the log...

Also keep in mind a wireless PIR is not going to keep tripping as you walk back and forth. It will only trip like once every 3 minutes or so in order to conserve battery.

I have a GE 60-807-95R ITI Wireless Infrared Motion Sensor NX481 that I have installed for my Elk M1 system. This is a SAW detector, and has registered nicely into the Elk system. When I did the walk test, the red light on the sensor would turn on and I was able to fine tune everything. But now when I walk past the sensors (no longer in test mode), the red light no longer turns on. Since I am by myself I can't walk past a sensor then to a keypad fast enough to see if I am violating a zone. Regardless it seems that the red light should always turn on when you walk past, am I wrong?

It would decrease battery life as well as allow someone to learn the protected area. Most PIR especially wireless behave the same way as your GE PIR. WIth the ELK M1 you can put on the chime mode as suggested. With the EZ8 I am not sure if it supports the chime mode (it might). If not you can put an audible continuity detector across the zone wires (detached from the panel) or...... you might be able to write a rule to beep the keypad twice everytime the zone is violated if you want to walk test it further.

Back