Wireless Sensor question

Mike

I just put in a bunch of wireless sensors (the model below):

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php...&cat=159&page=2

All but one worked fine. I defined the ID in the elk, setup the zone and checked the status. It said EOLR 0.0, but when I separated the magnet and the sensor it never changed.

Would this be the same symptom as a dead battery? I have a bunch of batteries coming to me, but was curious if this is likely the cause.

Remove the transmitter with the keypad installer menu 14,2, Enrolled = NO.

Enroll the transmitter again with installer menu 14, 3.

Read up all the wireless data into ELKRP and make sure the transmitter ID in ELKRP matches the transmitter ID on the label of the transmitter.

The hardware zone definition should be EOLR.

Also ensure that the Options 1 and 2 on the transmitter setup are NOT enabled when using the reed switch built into the transmitter.

You should see the Red LED status light on the Caddx receiver blink when receiving a transmitter.

One dealer had a smoke detector that had the wrong ID label on the transmitter and he was trying to enroll it from ELKRP by typing in the transmitter ID. Of course he could never get it to enroll.

Spanky said:
One dealer had a smoke detector that had the wrong ID label on the transmitter and he was trying to enroll it from ELKRP by typing in the transmitter ID. Of course he could never get it to enroll.
This has happened to me twice. And I only have a few transmitters. Now I dont trust the label.

Thank you. I will try that. 8 out of 9 worked. I'll watch it tomorrow (caddx is in the attic). Glad I asked, I hadn't thought about that.

Closing this post: I was unable to learn them manually and exchanged them for new ones. The new ones worked fine and I did not find out what was wrong with the original ones.

Back