Z-Wave and Controlthink's SDK?

SkyBolt

Hi Guy's
Does anyone have any experience with Controthink's SDK for Z-Wave?

Iwould like to try and write a plugin for HS possably for the Sirius Conductor which appears to be 100% Z-Wave compatable.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/607/607SCH1W.PDF

The question I have regarding ControlThink's SDK is, how much of the z-wave API is expossed? Would I be abe to read the metadata from the network stream? Would I be able to emulate or copy the Sirius remote?

I tried posting on the HS site and did not get anywhere, Also tried there Help Desk and even thogh I registered I could not log in... Sent Rich an Email on this subject with No Reply... I guess ther eis not much interest for somtyhing like this?

I know you can control a standard radio through IR (I currently do that) but the Srius conductor allows you to receive the Artist and song info on the remote, which would be real nice for a plugin to be able to display and trigger things like recod this song and the like.

Ayway if anyone has any feedback I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
-Skybolt

EDIT: Link Fixed - Sorry

SkyBolt,

I just answered your question on the ControlThink forums. If you'd like to beta-test the "external display" and "av control" functionality of the SDK, we'd love to have you involved in that effort :)

Chris

ChrisWalker said:
SkyBolt,

I just answered your question on the ControlThink forums. If you'd like to beta-test the "external display" and "av control" functionality of the SDK, we'd love to have you involved in that effort :)

Chris
Chris Thanks for you reply, I'd love to beta this . I've answerd your post in your forum. Thanks!

-Skybolt

Rupp said:
Skybolt "Also tried there Help Desk and even thogh I registered I could not log in"
Did you get a return email that you need to use to login? If not tell me your login and I can check on this for you.

Also here's Chris's response about the SDK.
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=sirius

Rich and Chris also responsed to your original question here:
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=sirius
Rupp -

I am aware of those post's. Although Chris's response did not contain an answer, only capabilities of Z-Wave. I guess he did not want to advertise the SDK in the HS forum, I can unerstand that. His response did prompt the questions which followed.

Rupp- I will PM you on the HS forum about the rest. I am not trying to bash Rich or HS. Yes I did get the return Email - no go. Emailed Rich - No response also offered to send him my Sirius conductor, no response.

-Skybolt

Rupp -

I am aware of those post's. Although Chris's response did not contain an answer, only capabilities of Z-Wave. I guess he did not want to advertise the SDK in the HS forum, I can unerstand that. His response did prompt the questions which followed.

Rupp- I will PM you on the HS forum about the rest. I am not trying to bash Rich or HS. Yes I did get the return Email - no go. Emailed Rich - No response also offered to send him my Sirius conductor, no response.

-Skybolt [/quote]
Oh. I realize you were not bashing Rich or HS. I was just trying to help. Rich gets hundreds of emails a day so he simply can't get through them all.

Rupp said:
Oh. I realize you were not bashing Rich or HS. I was just trying to help. Rich gets hundreds of emails a day so he simply can't get through them all.
Yeah It's easy to forget how big HS has gotten over the last few years.

Rupp, you have always been one of the first to lend a hand. I don't know how you find time for anything else. :)

-Skybolt

Yea it's kinda sick huh. I really should be on the payroll huh :)
I do help out on the help desk but one wouldn't get rich doing this but mostly I like helping outhers out, that's all.

Skybolt,

I to have a Sirius conductor and would like to control it via HS/ML. I do not have any Zwave equipment yet (excecpt for the Sirius). I am waiting to find out what will be available and works before I purchase. I heard that the only Zwave controllers that can process the display meta data is the latest generation (which is the 3rd). I know the Ztroller is 3rd gen, I don't know what else is. The Ztroller is just as expensive as the Sirius conductor, so I am holding off for a bit to see what else supports this meta data.

TCassio said:
Skybolt,

I to have a Sirius conductor and would like to control it via HS/ML. I do not have any Zwave equipment yet (excecpt for the Sirius). I am waiting to find out what will be available and works before I purchase. I heard that the only Zwave controllers that can process the display meta data is the latest generation (which is the 3rd). I know the Ztroller is 3rd gen, I don't know what else is. The Ztroller is just as expensive as the Sirius conductor, so I am holding off for a bit to see what else supports this meta data.
I am in the same boat, no other zwave yet. Chris from ControlThink has a beta SDK I am waiting to try, he states conductor support, could be good. I will try and write a plugin for HS or ML if I can. That is if some one else is not already working on one.

I already have the Conductor but It is going to be useless, unless I can hook it into HS. I already have a starmate hooked up and control it via IR. I would love to have the metadata received as well, many posabilities, hopefully. The range on the conductor is not very good for me as it is hook into the whole house audio in the basment.

Good luck with your setup - stay tunned (I hope)

-Skybolt

Back