[CCTV Camera] GXV3672HD

It was only twice with the Grandstream.  Odd though no rain nor was the connector wet. 

The second time prompted me to request an RMA.  Other than that its been working fine.

BTW did find the Grandstream IP cams on Amazon for around $170 if you are still looking for one. 

Actually I just found both on there.  There's a Grandstream on there for 155!

I'm always interested.  I'm awaiting a quote for a couple of domes now and hope to get those ready for install during the build.

I heard back from ubiquiti and they want me to try the tftp thing so I'll try.  It just seems like the reset button is unresponsive to me.

pete_c said:
Have a good look at the Grandstream domes; think there are three models. Two are around $100 and one is more.  The nicer one is IP66 rated. 

The GXV3611_HD and the GXV3611_LL have the smoke detectors.  They were priced the same.

1 - To reset you have to hold the reset button for 10 seconds

2 - Download the Discovery Tool utilities software
http://www.ubnt.com/downloads/discovery/ubnt-discovery_v2.2.1.zip
and run it:
You will see all of your Ubiquiti devices with it.  The MAC address of your camera is on the camera and will match what the tool sees.

When I tried the utilities tool it worked fine.  I was able to configure the camera just fine.  When I rebooted though it would get messed up.

Takes five minutes to check.

Yeah I did check that.  The gxv3611_HD is the one at that price.  I wanted those for indoor use.
That gxv3662 is the ip66 rated one and is real nice but more than I need and too expensive.
I will try those steps tonight hopefully...thanks.

Just something to keep in mind - I contacted Grandstream to ask about their internet sales policies and they are very strict - people are not allowed to advertise below MSRP.  That doesn't mean we can't sell less than MSRP, but if you see it advertised for prices that low, the vendor is in blatant violation with Grandstream which could make warranty issues harder down the road.  

I don't know how much they'll enforce that in practice, but they told me that it was a pretty strict issue with them.  Just FYI.

I moving the Speco update to HD here as the camera board / lens assembly / IP board appears to be more Grandstream HW almost identical to the posted camera internals above.

First analog to HD update will be on the Speco IP67 outdoor dome camera.  That said will take pictures.  The only add will be to utilize the IR illumination from the Speco dome.

Attached is a picture of the Speco camera board assembly, mounting bracket and IR illumination.  The Grandstream IP board is 51mm wide and the camera board is 38mm wide.  The current in place camera board is 38mm wide.  I will have to modify the mounting assembly some to accomodate the IP board.  The camera will continue to output analog to the ZM capture card.  There will be three connections; SD and 2 HD connections to ZM.

I am still waiting on the RMA'd Grandstream GXV3672HD. 

I did get an acknowledgement of receipt of said return a few days after shipping. 

My inicial dialog though was with an accountant at the main office of the company (vendor selling it) which I purchased the device from. 

Its been a couple of weeks now though and nothing to date. (no emails acks)

Contrarily regarding the Aircam I requested an RMA on Sunday, June 2, 2013 and received the ack and return RMA number on Monday, June 3, 2013.

I shouldn't really be comparing though because my Grandstream RMA was related to the vendor and my Airstream RMA was related to the company (Ubiquiti). 

I received an acknowledgement today regarding RMA replacement Grandstream.  Note that this was a vendor versus company RMA thing.

Should be here by next week.  Just an FYI total time frame and turnaround is approximately 30 days give or take 2-3 days.

I am not sure where to post right now.

I received the Grandstream HD IP camera board.  The OS is the Grandstream version with SIP.

I was able to disassemble the board removing the camera board from the IP board.  That said I mounted the camera board in the old assembly for the Speco Dome camera.  Fits nicely.  I also mounted the IP board on the side of the mount.  Tested it to work just fine.  Dome fits nicely over it.  Next is to try to get the IR LEDs to work.  There is a 4 pin connector for IR illumination.  There is a 3 pin connector on the IR board.  Its just voltage, negative and light sensor.  Not sure right now how the camera board turns on the LEDs.

In the next few days mounting this Grandstream IP board outside where the legacy Speco dome camera is mounted.  Using a TP-Link POE adapter for the power.  Reconnecting the legacy port such that both analog and HD video will be utilized.

Will take pictures of the camera board mounted inside of the Speco Dome.  Might do a second one like this one.

I received the RMA'd Grandstream GXV3672HD today June 10, 2013.

Found a new source of IP camers with Grandstream OS etc.

Testing out a new 1080 HD IP camera with Grandstream OS for $130.00 with free shipping.  All the cameras have 2 year warranties.  Thinking now to change over all the outside perimeter (facing in) analog cameras to IP.

The picture is a bit sharper than the updated Ubiquti Aircam with a 2.5mm lens. 

Attachments

• New Grandstream.jpg
    New Grandstream.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 22
pete_c said:
It's an outdoor rated dome.  Its 720 but its $20 more for POE.  Its $150 total including shipping.  Might order one today.  If its OK will post it under the camera section review pieces.  I also found the same board as I used or $100 even.  I can convert the rest of the speco domes with this board.

I am not sure how well they will fit inside of the optex combo cameras though.

I'm not tracking this, the post with the pick referenced 1080 HD for $130 but then you said it was 720 on the price response.  Please clarify.  Like Work2Play I'm very interested in the 1080 dome & source for that price. (presuming it is 1080)

Thanks!
-Ben

Didn't mean to scare you off on the pricing thing at all - it doesn't bother me a bit - just curious which one.

Pete - your camera adventures could make for an interesting blog series as you experiment with all these - and not to sound like a moderator, but it'd probably be a good place to track your experiments and findings so we can keep the individual camera spec threads concise.

Definitely keep it up though - very good info you've found and I enjoy following your progress.

The GXV3672HD is doing well. 

I did mount it in a second "test" position and still using the "Christmas" power extension cover for the pigtail.  Yesterday I noticed a sort of "flicker" with the camera going from light to dark. I adjusted the night day IR mechanical automatic filter until it went away. 

Next working on a small 1/2 hight plastic outdoor box mounting thing such that the camera mounting bracket mounts on the plastic cover and the pigtail is inside. Its about 1" or so high such that the pigtail will fit nicely inside of the box.

Attachments

• 06162013.jpg
    06162013.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 0
Just a note relating to the Grandstream OS and Chrome / Firefox viewing. 

I don't use FF much for viewing the Grandstream IP camera but it did quit working a while ago when I had updated Firefox. 

That said it looks like Grandstream updated its IE and FF/Chrome plugins and they both work. 

FF appears to have some issues on one of the computers and it keeps removing the Grandstream plugin?

They are located here (same one for all of their IP cameras).

Firefox / Chrome plugin is here:

http://www.grandstream.com/products/tools/surveillance/webcontrl_plugin.zip

Active X plugin is here:

http://www.grandstream.com/products/tools/surveillance/activex_control_manual_install_3.1.0.32.rar

I updated their software for managing the cameras called GSPro.  It seems to work better now than the last time I tried it.

http://www.grandstream.com/products/tools/surveillance/gsurf_pro.zip

I have also enabled viewing of the HD IP cams in XBMC and it works well streaming the HD cams.  I also stream on smaller touchscreens using VLC and it does well.

Back