[CCTV Camera] GXV3672HD

I'm curious where the short is coming from.  Hopefully its not the housing.  I have the connectors tucked into the eave so hopefully that's sufficient.
The ones that I have to install at my sister's building will be more exposed.  There's no eave on one side of the building so I was actually thinking about building a little wooden cover for it like you described.

Thank you znelbok.

I think the cat5e POE was getting too wet.  It was hanging with the pictured plastic cover a few inches from the camera.  It's been raining and windy in the last couple of days.  This morning I tucked it closer and under the wood a bit.  Long therm is putting the tape in place.  It is only test mounted today. 

Given the number of wires involved, it seems the answer is to find an enclosure to mount the camera to and stash the wires inside, then seal whatever holes are left.

I really need to get one of these ordered to play with - it'll probably replace my current aircam, and let me keep an eye on the kids in the back yard too!

I  didn't think of the boxes that I use right now for two analog cameras. These are 1/2 sized outdoor plastic gang box and its been working a couple of years now.  If the wire cluster can go thru a 3/4" hole in the case then it should be OK to seal it.  I currently run a cat5e to the box and utilize a video/power balun tot he camera.  The camera is mounted on the plastic sealed cover and the pigtail video/power go into a side 3/4" hole and that hole is sealed with putty.  It all fits inside of the box nicely. These are the smallest I have used to date.  Initially I utilized the larger outdoor style boxes which worked well but they were way to big.

I looked at the review picture again and had forgotten that the pigtail goes out the back bracket and it did come with a piece of insulation "foam".  This will make it easier to mount on the cover of the little 1/2 height outdoor plastic box.  I think I do have one that I haven't used and will give it a try in the next couple of days.  (they are only $3-4 at the local big box store anyways).

Priority for me first is getting a 2.8 lens mounted and focused first; then mounting the camera.

If we could get some specs on the lens I could order one.  There was writing on the lens but nothing really specific.

Lens: focal length 8mm  with an aperature of F1.8mm

Most of the lens that I see here are 14mm diameter for camera boards.  Googling the camera lens specs it appears to be a 12mm lens.

http://www.stockoptics.com/

Searching on Ebay the link attached appears to be the lens that the camera has today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-8-0mm-F1-8-Monofocal-Fixed-Iris-40-AOV-Board-Mount-M12x0-5-MTV-Lens-/111010545665?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15054%26meid%3D6907355023649772765%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1125%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D121064229476%26#ht_563wt_934

and the lens replacement would be like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-2-8mm-F1-8-Monofocal-Fixed-Iris-96-AOV-Board-Mount-M12x0-5-MTV-Lens-/121064229476?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15054%26meid%3D6907346904117068866%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1125%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D121081340196%26#ht_518wt_934

Attachments

• box-1.jpg
    box-1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
  • box-2.jpg
    box-2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
  • box-3.jpg
    box-3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7
  • box-4a.jpg
    box-4a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
I looked at the cabling yesterday and enclosure for the Grandstream IP camera.  It was really wet inside.  I still want to test the camera so I dried a bit and just put some tape on the barrel connector and closed up the plastic enclosure.  That and I tie wrapped it such that it was mounted right underneath the wood maybe to protect it some more. 

I am still wanting to check out the lens but I want to test it some more outdoors before modding the camera some.  I am though upgrading the Aircam to the 2.5mm lens.  I will probably just order a 12mm/2.5mm lens for the Grandstream at the same time (major guess right now on the lens size).

I've opened a ticket to request specfications of the utilized lens. 

This is more to check up on their support of said camera et al.

Attachments

• ticket-1.jpg
    ticket-1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 17
Grandstream responded to my ticket  / request today.  It is a 12mm diameter lens.  Next is to find the correct length then the 2.5 mm view.
I think the depth of the lens is directly related to the lens aperature or F value. 

The specifications show a 2.

They also mentioned that if I change the lens then that breaks the warranty; which I assumed anyways. 

Grandstream responded to my ticket  / request today.  It is a 12mm diameter lens. 

Next is to find the correct length then the 2.5 mm view.

I think the depth of the lens is directly related to the lens aperature or F value. 

They also mentioned that if I change the lens then that breaks the warranty; which I assumed anyways. 

The specfications for the dome camera show that it comes with a wide angle 2.8mm lens. 

Ordered a small variety of wide angle lens; 1.8, 2.1, 2,5 and 3.6 mm

Attachments

• ticketresponse.jpg
    ticketresponse.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 15
Hopefully one of them works.  I wouldn't mind getting a wider lens for one of the new cams.
I was looking on that site for a lens for my friend's Foscam.  he has FI9805W's so I have to find the bigger lenses.

Probably could just get the lens from Grandstream anyways because they use a wide angle lens for their HD Dome IP camera which they mentioned is the same camera/board used in the GXV3672HD.  They did also write back asking me about playing with the lenses and letting them know how it goes.

I did get the multiple lens order yesterday.  I am looking forward to playing with each one of the lenses as they are all different. 

Noticed that some folks are selling the Grandstream IP HD Dome for around $100 now. 

Prices though continue to be all over the place the the Grandstream IP HD cameras.

There is a bunch on E-Bay for $109.  I offered 105 and he accepted it.  Most of them though are over $200.

Look up Ebay # 230961287503.

Back