[CCTV Camera] GXV3672HD

pete_c said:
I got up to a point installing the OS then noticed that I needed to put in another HD as it was an old in there and it crashed. 

So I haven't been able to test it yet.

znelbok,

I am guessing that you are not in the United States?

Nope - down under

znelbok - I'm a reseller of grandstream and I'd be willing to ship through an affordable freight forwarder for you.  Contact me if interested and I can get a quote together for what it'd cost.  I don't do this for a living so I can give you some of the best pricing available.  Same goes for others if they're interested and don't want to roll the dice with ebay; I haven't bothered with a web-site before but I can get one online to make ordering easier too if there's demand.  I've worked with a lot of CTers on Ubiquiti and Grandstream gear over the years.

I'm probably going to order some of these to play with too - I'm really interested in their GXV3500 encoder/decoder - I love the idea of having the network cams that are viewable everywhere, but also still being able to easily pull up the feeds on TV's around the house - that decoder lets you view up to 8 cameras on your TV.  I think you could use a couple simultaneously, or hook one into a video distribution system; at the same time you can integrate with the SIP, etc.  I'm thinking that, if done right, this really could be the perfect babycam many of us have been looking for!

I'm in...I would get at least one more.

I have two running here now and my sister has two for her business but we could both find places for more!!!

Sure - I can help with that if you want - might make me finally pick some up too along with perhaps that decoder.  Honestly it's easy enough to mix/match and order whatever you want from their product line.

I'm not aware of any options other than 2MP or 5MP - there are no options when I order them... that said I'm sure with some experimentation the lens could be changed.

Thanks; yeah I was going to take the lens out such that I could order another one on the Grandstream that I currently own. 

It was really easy to do on the Aircam.

I'm interested in the group buy as well - just as long as you can send to Australia.

@Work2Play - I sent you a PM re these cameras.

Mick

i would be interested in a group buy, esp. if there's a reasonable 2.5mm lens that i can fit to these cameras.  i'd prefer the FHD over the HD model.

alternatively, i've been looking at the gxv3662_fhd which appears to have a 3.3-12mm varifocal lens

I'd like to see what 2.5's would work with ours too.
I have one camera placement that's a little too tight but the camera can't be moved from its current location...

Its been raining (with much wind) here and my little plastic enclosure did get really wet in the last couple of days.  That said I was unable to access the IP camera this morning and reset it. 

All was well after I reset it.

I could make it more watertight by wrapping the whole enclosure in some tape. 

Any suggestions where to buy that expansion outdoor tape?  Radio Shack?

Its been doing well and I might just take it in and apart to find out the size of the lens I need to change it from the current 8mm to the 2.5mm.  I am ordering another 2.5mm fo the Aircam such that I will do a "bulk" purchase of lens from the place in the UK.  If it works then will request that they add the Grandstream IP camera to their web site.

Thank-you Work2Play.

I disconnected the cat5 cable last night as the camera was off again.  The plastic enclosure was pretty wet from the rain.  I had placed it under a piece of wood.  If it stops raining today will take it apart to see how wet it got inside.

I do think that the water is shorting out the POE port shutting off the camera; but apparently not causing long term issues with it.

The mounted Aircam cabling goes into the eave as it is adjacent to it such that if I mounted the Grandstream at the same location the network POE connector  wouldn't get wet.

Back