[CCTV Camera] GXV3672HD

Addendum to above - Sensitivity - .05 Lux

Purchased on sale for $147

Just a quick list:

1 - the camera was well packaged for shipping
2 - it was in a plain white box. Box contents were: camera with bracket, cat5e cable, 12VDC power supply and a piece of paper with patent / licensing info. 
3 - The pigtail is comprised of the network POE cable, power barrel connector,  and BNC video cable.  The online manual mentioned a RCA video cable
4 - Powering it up in a darkened basement it has the "glow red" visible LED illumination
5 - I looked at the DHCP address and went to the web gui.  I configured the name, static IP, time NTP, OSD, admin password on it.
6 - I noticed no audio option as present on the generic Grandstream camera.  Referring the the online manual it stated that it was removed because there is no microphone.
7 - The IP66 case is all metal with an adjustable metal sun shield. 

Comments:

1 - As stated above the pigtail creates a quandry of methology to shield the three cables from the weather.  The generic Grandstream OS camera had a few more wires which included alarm, microphone,reset and 12VDC.  I had the same issue and wrote to the MFG whom sent me a 3 wire pig tail.  I also took the pigtail to the inside of the camera and connected the Cat5e cable inside of the case. I cannot do that with this camera as far as I can tell.
2 - The auto firmware update was enabled and I disabled it.
3 - The main gui page shows PTZ and focus controls.  There are many adjustment settings.
4 - Picture is very sharp and crisp.
5 - The solid metal case will more than likely prevent the camera from wobbling in the wind which is an issue with the Aircam.

Next will be putting the camera outside to test in the weather  The Firefox and IE controls are downloadable from the Grandstream website and will allow you to view the video live via GUI.  The two stream settings are adjustable with one including MJPG.  So while the case of the camera is IP66; the cabling is not.

I mounted the camera outside today.

It was easy to adjust the mounting bracket.  I have it flush mounted to a piece of wood.  It is angled to the right a bit for the FOV.  I had to adjust the two allen screws and the base to get a good angle in the FOV.

The sun shield has a plastic spacer between the camera and the shield. 

I like the ability to rotate the camera by that one allen screw.  The build as a whole seems solid and like you said before, it doesn't move at all.  I have also noticed the wobble on my aircam...

Can the image be viewed in a browser - just the image and not all the fluff around the side of it.  More importantly in internet explorer?

Where did you buy from?

Thanks

Personally I only utilize RTSP with it to the Zoneminder box then utilize that stream in a browser window if I want it. 

That said refer to the initial postings about the IP camera relating to the price on sale and have a look at the API documentation for some interesting info. 

It does show that you can utilize single frame jpg captures and it does include mjpg streaming capturing.

I want to embed the image into CQC, hence the question.

It appears to be a well featured camera, just a shame that the company that has them wont sell unless I buy more than $1500 worth of gear before they will entertain international postage.

You can buy them from the deal posted for $147 USD and they are shipped from Nevada.  Look under hot deals above.

And don't forget it's an IP camera with options for different outputs and ways of viewing the image as previously posted.
I use Blue Iris here at home and with it, I can set popup windows for live viewing on my touchscreens very easily.
This method also relieves my controller (Homeseer) from having to do the work as BI takes care of the feed.

Giving Blue Iris a try this week.  Set up the base server this past weekend.  Dual core AMD CPU / 4 gb of memory.

I also found out that the Grandstream HD RTSP stream has some "stuff" in it (some sort of concurrent messaging or command set) that messes with the 720 Zoneminder captures.  I have seen similiar with the older generic Grandstream OS IP camera at HD modes while capturing with Zoneminder.

pete_c said:
You can buy them from the deal posted for $147 USD and they are shipped from Nevada.  Look under hot deals above.
and they wont sell me one.  I have to buy $1500 worth of merchandise before they will post it to me....

pete_c said:
Giving Blue Iris a try this week.  Set up the base server this past weekend.  Dual core AMD CPU / 4 gb of memory.

I also found out that the Grandstream HD RTSP stream has some "stuff" in it (some sort of concurrent messaging or command set) that messes with the 720 ZoneMinder (http://zoneminder.com) captures.  I have seen similiar with the older generic Grandstream OS IP camera at HD modes while capturing with ZoneMinder (http://zoneminder.com).
Pete, Trying BI also since I couln't get ZM to replay smoothly. Have the cameras working, but still woking on configurations.
How are you liking it?

I got up to a point installing the OS then noticed that I needed to put in another HD as it was an old in there and it crashed. 

So I haven't been able to test it yet.

znelbok,

I am guessing that you are not in the United States?

Continuing my efforts relating to building a new server.  First mistake was starting with a dual core AMD CPU based motherboard with an NVidia chipset. 

I might gut the computer and replace the motherboard with an Intel based CPU motherboard.  That said I am at a base now with a 300Gb HD / 3 Gb of memory for the time being.

BTW - Here I locked up the GSurf application putting in the second Grandstream camera running it on a bit more robust box.

Was gonna grab another of these cameras but the price jumped up to $244.
Looking now to see if its available anywhere else.

Back