Anyone familiar with this CAI seller on eBay?

roussell

I ran across this on eBay - anyone tried it? I like the enclosure, PS and other items included with the CAI but don't know if these boards have the latest firmware, are from CAI or modified, etc...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAI-Webcontrol-8-Kit-PLC-Embedded-I-O-Web-Board-1-Wire-Temperature-Relay-ISY-X10-/131108397025?pt=Home_Automation_Kits&hash=item1e86ab5fe1

On the same topic - is there and "official" CAI store? I usually just get them from Amazon, but again, want to make sure I'm getting the actual boards with latest code.

Terry

All the new boards shipped everywhere, ebay, amazon, smarthome, and other sellers, all have latest firmware with bootloader.  We do not have an official store, but encourage anyone to carry it.  We provide support for boards sold through all resellers.

I've purchases all mine through racksys on ebay. Interesting there is a second merchant, didn't know that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261392224746
Racksys has both buy it now and and auctions. Auction is cheaper but sometimes the price gets bid up higher then buy it now. They also sell a metal enclosure. I've purchased one but have never used it. All my designs needed a bunch of other stuff so I needed a larger housing.

I think Ross does offer some I/O extension boards he designed and made for WC8.  He is also working on a WC32 I/O board with us.

CAI_Support said:
I think Ross does offer some I/O extension boards he designed and made for WC8.  He is also working on a WC32 I/O board with us.

yea I know, and I would strongly advise having one website uniting all the offers around the WC...

Efried said:
yea I know, and I would strongly advise having one website uniting all the offers around the WC...

Why would that be? Why would CAI want to have MY product advertised on THEIR website?
They don't know ME from a bar of soap. I might be the most dodgy wannabe in the world, why would they give me any credibility?
And if not me, how about the next person comes up with something vaguely WC related?

rossw said:
Why would that be? Why would CAI want to have MY product advertised on THEIR website?
They don't know ME from a bar of soap. I might be the most dodgy wannabe in the world, why would they give me any credibility?
And if not me, how about the next person comes up with something vaguely WC related?
CAI has not website selling hardware.
It's the resellers job, apparently.
Do you really think you may be found quickly with your product? I got advise from CAI. An by the way I thought you are collaborating on boards for upcoming versions...
It's all about claiming a decent product biotope and saving on shipment cost.
So if you take my ideas as luring on the positive side, what is wrong with that?

I'm more concerned with getting "old stock" firmware that has been sitting on the shelf from one of your resellers. It'd be nice if there was an an official CAI store on ebay or amazon.

CAI_Support said:
All the new boards shipped everywhere, ebay, amazon, smarthome, and other sellers, all have latest firmware with bootloader.  We do not have an official store, but encourage anyone to carry it.  We provide support for boards sold through all resellers.

We do drop ship for many resellers.  Besides, all new boards sold now have bootloader, so that any customer can update to the latest firmware with easy.  From what we know, all the resellers, including SmartHome, have latest firmware with bootloader now.

Back