Elk interface with iPhone

I believe that you can use an iPhone with WiFi without it being active on a plan BUT you can't buy one without signing up for a 2 year contract.

If you just want a touch screen WiFi device to use as a remote get a 8GB iPod touch - it has the same WiFi and web browsing capabilities as an iPhone without the phone bit.

Paul

or get an n770 for that matter.

I believe that you can use an iPhone with WiFi without it being active on a plan BUT you can't buy one without signing up for a 2 year contract.

If you just want a touch screen WiFi device to use as a remote get a 8GB iPod touch - it has the same WiFi and web browsing capabilities as an iPhone without the phone bit.

Paul

The next major ELKRM upgrade is very, very nice, as I side step the question... :blink:
Apologies if this is a noobie question, but do ELK run any beta programs - would be very interested in participating in one for RM - sounds like a major release update :)

regards

I for one am very interested in intergrating my new 3g Iphone with my Elk m1gold. Any ballpark as to the ELK RM upgrade timeline without giving away the store spanky? 3rd qtr maybe? :)

I for one am very interested in intergrating my new 3g Iphone with my Elk m1gold. Any ballpark as to the ELK RM upgrade timeline without giving away the store spanky? 3rd qtr maybe? :)

I just picked up the iphone last week. Luv it. Cant wait to see an app from ELK for it.
I luv the VPN ability that Apple did in the version 2 upgrade. I only use VPN to access
my elk projects..Nice to hear there working on it. Or even Safari support til then ?

Hopefully, it will be a free app download from the applestore. <G> :)
My guess that will be an interesting hurdle.

There has been a strategy change on implementing iPhone on the M1 to keep the cost of implementation low. No release date available yet.

iPhone Lovers!
You can download VNC Light from the Apple store for free and access ELKRM running on your home PC to control the M1.

We have done it here and it works great! :)

iPhone Lovers!
You can download VNC Light from the Apple store for free and access ELKRM running on your home PC to control the M1.

We have done it here and it works great! ;)

Thanks Spanky,
Still anxiously waiting for safari support, webapp, or proggie, from elk. Iphone has built in vpn support so it will be nice. <G>

iPhone Lovers!

We have done it here and it works great! :(

MainLobby users can also interact with the ELK via Cinemar's new iPhone scenes. :)

I have to say, I can't wait 'till the iPhone piece is ready... In the mean time, I've been using RDP to hit my desktop PC then ElkRM from there... It gets the job done, but will be so much better when there's an app on the device that handles the constant sleep of the device better.

I'm still finishing up my install, so after I hooked up my sensors, I was able to walk around the house with the iTouch and watch zone statuses change while testing each area... Then I hooked up the HVAC, so when my wife and I can't decide what temp we want, it's an easy change...

Best yet though was this weekend... I have needed too fix a badly deteriorated 10-zone sprinkler system since I bought this house... so sorting out zones, making adjustments to spray patterns and heads, fixing broken heads, etc... First thing I did was hook up the elk in place of the crappy old timer that didn't work... from there, that was the handiest thing ever having a handheld remote with me as went around the house making changes, testing and mapping out zones, etc...

Very happy with the system so far, but having the iPhone/iTouch will be the ultimate home remote... Security, lighting, garage doors, sprinklers, pool fill... all from a sleek little remote thats already always with me.

I have to say, I can't wait 'till the iPhone piece is ready... In the mean time, I've been using RDP to hit my desktop PC then ElkRM from there... It gets the job done, but will be so much better when there's an app on the device that handles the constant sleep of the device better.

I'm still finishing up my install, so after I hooked up my sensors, I was able to walk around the house with the iTouch and watch zone statuses change while testing each area... Then I hooked up the HVAC, so when my wife and I can't decide what temp we want, it's an easy change...

Best yet though was this weekend... I have needed too fix a badly deteriorated 10-zone sprinkler system since I bought this house... so sorting out zones, making adjustments to spray patterns and heads, fixing broken heads, etc... First thing I did was hook up the elk in place of the crappy old timer that didn't work... from there, that was the handiest thing ever having a handheld remote with me as went around the house making changes, testing and mapping out zones, etc...

Very happy with the system so far, but having the iPhone/iTouch will be the ultimate home remote... Security, lighting, garage doors, sprinklers, pool fill... all from a sleek little remote thats already always with me.

We have developed a lightweight web interface to the ELK M1 that can be found at PocketM1.com. It's designed specifically for phone (small) screens and cellular networks (low bandwidth). Currently in late-beta stages, it provides a lean interface to ELK M1 climate control, zones, outputs, tasks, etc. Online documentation/help is forthcoming, but I'm happy to answer questions on this forum (or privately). There is also integrated product support in the application for submitting support requests/questions/etc.

Standard Disclaimer: The product is in late beta. A pricing model has not been determined as of yet. I am employed by the developer of this product.

sdm

"We have developed a lightweight web interface to the ELK M1 that can be found at PocketM1.com"

Help! Where at PocketM1.com? After I registered and signed in, all I saw was a big empty.

I am going to post this warning in both threads discussing this product. I am not familiar with this product, so if some of my assumptions are wrong, please correct me, but I would rather avoid any complicated issues down the road.

I have nothing against the company, or Stephen personally, but it is a very bad idea to grant ANY company, without any history/security related certifications, full access to your alarm system. Considering the site generates many 'page not found' errors, and data seems to be stored on the server, I would think twice before registering/evaluating this software.

Back