Elk M1 control firmware 5.3.8

I posted this in another reboot thread, but since this is about 5.3.8 specifically I thought I would mention my issues here, though I do not understand the cause.

When I updated to 5.3.8 from 5.3.0 it seemed to work properly, but when I went back in with ElkRP it showed LOTS of conflicts.  They were mostly null values in the system, not the database.  I did a mass send.    Thought I was good and 15 minutes later got an AC power failure on my secondary power supply.  

Long story short, it turns out that about half the devices didn't show up (under enroll/update).  When I re-enrolled them, and re-sent from the database, this cleared up most things, but the RF devices were not working (at least one FOB would not work (others not available right now), RF heat detector showed trouble, and my one RF contact showed open when it was closed).  I re-enrolled the fob and heat detector to fix it, the door reset on an open/close.   I wonder if the heat would eventually reset once it communicated, but the fobs -- not sure why it failed.

And a little weird thing, the chime went from off to voice.

Because I had a current database backup all this was not a big deal (except for needing to re-learn the RF devices, but I have few), but it was unexpected.  And indeed, I just updated and closed ElkRP and assumed all was well -- not true.

I do not know why it failed, and others seemed to have good experience.  I have a fair number of devices, maybe it was a race condition, I reconnected with ElkRP too fast or something.  But the update was not smooth for me.

PS. I did the update because the release notes said it reduced the reboots.  So far no reboots (2 whole hours) but they had been only once or twice a month.  I have it send me an email on reboots, which is a quick way to find out.

Back