Elk M1 Databus Severed Email Notification

sionxct

In can A, Elk M1 with M1DBHR. At the other end of the databus in can B, a P212S. If the databus is severed or disconnected, is there a rule that can send an email notification?

I'm pretty sure it can as long as the P212S itself is on the databus as well; I don't have mine connected right now to verify, but I'm 99% sure it's possible. 

Sorry it wasn't clear, the databus is connected from the M1DBHR to the P212S. Looks like the Expansion Module Trouble event will work well enough. 

sionxct said:
Sorry it wasn't clear, the databus is connected from the M1DBHR to the P212S. Looks like the Expansion Module Trouble event will work well enough. 

Also understand that the P212S is enrolled as a keypad. So you may get keypad trouble notifications from it as well, which you could then write rules for...  WHENEVER Keypad 3 trouble.... etc. 

Thank you for the suggestions. These are the rules I added related to this.

If I disconnect the databus, the expansion module trouble fires almost immediatly. Reconnect, and the expansion module restore fires almost immediatly.

Unplugged the power supply to the P212S, and the rules seem to be working fine also. If I let my OCD kick in, Rule #4 is needed to detect the power failure in Can B (with the P212S) but both #5 and #2 fire when the power supply is plugged back in. Took about 18 hours for the battery to drain down enough to fire the battery tbl event (checked with a volt meter and it was still holding 12v). Right after the Battery Tbl event, it fired the Expansion Module Tbl event. Plugged the power supply back in, everything came back on fine.

** Can A - M1 & M1DBHR**
1) WHENEVER AC FAILURE TROUBLE IS DETECTED
        THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE A TO [email protected]

2) WHENEVER AC FAIL RESTORE OCCURS
        THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE B TO [email protected]

3) WHENEVER CONTROL LOW BATTERY IS DETECTED
        THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE C TO [email protected]

** Can B - P212S & Input Expansion Module **    
4) WHENEVER AC FAIL TBL - POWER SUPV ZN IS DETECTED
         THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE D TO [email protected]

5) WHENEVER AC FAIL TBL - POWER SUPV ZN IS RESTORED
         THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE E TO [email protected]