Help with OmniStat2 wiring, Omnipro ii and SnapLink

abernut

I just purchased a OmniStat2 RC-1000 to start playing around with HVAC Automation.

I have two zones, a Thermostat upstairs and downstairs.  I am replacing the one down stairs with the Omnistat2.

Here is the original wiring
2015-02-05194359.jpg

And the wiring in the garage
2015-02-05223844.jpg

Here is how I have it wired to the OmniStat2  I could not find where to plug the Orange wire into so I just left it unplugged.
2015-02-05222109.jpg

The right side goes back to the OmniPro ii.  Out Put 8 and the + side of Zone16.
I programmed the thermostat via PC Access with the type of Auto Heat/Cool
PCAccessThermostat.jpg

The thermostat seems to be working although the blower seems to be on all the time.

When I open up SnapLink this is what I am seeing 
Screenshot_2015-02-05-22-25-04.png

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

I got it.
This was a used unit I got online.
The address was set to "8"

I did a factory reset just to clear any other settings.

I am still curious if I am wired up correctly though for any of you reading this post.

Thanks
Mike

okay,
last post and I'm going to bed  :huh:

System turns on and off from the OmniStat2.

But it isn't blowing any heat.  I turned it up to 85 and changed it from Auto to Heat and cool air was still blowing.

Here are pictures of my wiring taken this morning. 

Note that I have an HAI thermostat isolation module in place that I put in few years ago for my HAI RC-80.

I did just swap the wires over to the Omnistat when upgrading. 

I am guessing what I wired is fine as my HVAC / Omnistat works well these days.  I have a 24VAC Elk transformer connected to the isolation module. 

HAI-Thermostat-3.jpg

Here a quickie snapshot of Snaplink with 4 thermostats (HAI demo).

thermostat demo-1.jpg

Here is a quickie Omnitouch Pro thermostat view.

omnitouchpro.jpg

Thank you.
I do not see the orange wire on yours either. Is the orange needed on a dual vs single stage HVAC system.

Personally do not know.  I have a single stage HVAC setup (I think?).  Its just power, heat and cooling relay wires.

I don't know anything about colors other than the way they are labeled matched the colors of my cable.

Here is a typical thermostat wiring diagram, 

typicalwireing.jpg

I see the difference though.

I have 2-3 and 6,7,8 wired.  White wire is #6 (W1)

You have 2,3,4 (W2) and 7, 8 wired.  Maybe move your white wire from 4 to 6 eh?

W1 is for heat.  Not sure what W2 is for?

Single stage wiring.

haiomnitstat.jpg

2 stage heat / 1 stage cool.

2stage.jpg

I cannot tell but it looks like you have an AUX connection (6 wires) for a two stage heater on your first picture.

Shut off your furnace, take the cover off where the controller is and match the colors / letters to your thermostat. 

Should be the same.

Guessing your garage connection picture is the other side.  I see the 6 wires there.  Match up the colors / letters.

It is showing you have a two stage heat / single cooling. (same as I have there versus here).

Pete,
Thanks for all the info.

The unit in the garage is the TrueZONE HZ221 Panel for single stage heat pumps with auxiliary heat applications up to two zones.

When I get home I will ensure the Thermostat is wired according to the Single Stage photo you have posted.

The Orange wire still concerns me.  Only because it was connected to the original Thermostat.
An online search returns - Orange , Energize to cool (used for reversing valve on heat pumps)

You have two problems
The orange wire goes to terminal 5 on the RC -1000, that is for your reversing valve.

You indicated that you only wired to output number 8 and the + side of zone 16. You did not indicate whether you tied in the
ground wire.

Zone 16 is set to zone type: auxiliary, in PCA?

Do you, or did you have a physical room temperature display on the thermostat at the present time? If you do, you have a communication wiring problem because the HAI system will show the room temperature IN Snap-Link even if your wiring is wrong to the equipment

CJW

The ground wired (Brown) from the Thermostat goes to the ground/common of output 8.
I deleted the names and voices from Zone 16 and changed it to Aux.  I used to use it for a window.

Back