Leviton VRUSB owners: Do you have it working?

I have 1.1.2.0 running on a brand new laptop running 8.1 64bit.  Stick also works with an older version of the installer software running on a 32bit Win7 laptop. Sounds like your stick is bad.

Since you already have VR-USB and RFIT, you might checkout CQC, Premise or software that already integrates with VRC0P+3. The more advanced Z-Wave controllers want to be primary controller and will not interoperate with VRC0P+3. I saw on Vera forum someone was trying to emulate a VRC0P+3 - not sure how far that effort got.

I would entertain idea of buying a Vera (as better RFIT) if it synchronized VRC0P+3 and could 100% configure an all Vizia+ network with variety of devices. I have been trying to contact Leviton to get them to fix known RFIT defects. All inquiries go into a black hole. Very little development activity in the last six months.

Vivek is already a CQC customers (loved us long time, as they say.) But in order to set up the network, he needs the Leviton software to talk to the USB stick that provides the primary controller functionality (or acts as the on ramp for the software that acts as the primary controller.)

bought a 2nd stick, this time from AutomatedOutlet.  Still doesn't work. Tried 2 machines both in Windows 8.1. (one laptop one desktop). God I really really really hate this stick. And I work during the workday, no idea how i'll be able to call AutomatedOutlet support to see if they have any ideas.

i have one. worked fine after i learned its quirks.

i run a vm, and have to reboot every time i plug it in, while it's plugged in.

can't speak to running it native.

I know next to nothing about VMs, so apologies for this:  I have a laptop running W8.1. Can I create a W7 VM on it (buying fargin W7 for  this) just for this purpose?

My latest client had me install VMWare Horizon View client to connect to their systems, the VMWare website is confusing, what product is the server that I'd want to buy/set up? 

jkmonroe said:
i have one. worked fine after i learned its quirks.

i run a vm, and have to reboot every time i plug it in, while it's plugged in.

can't speak to running it native.

btw when you say "reboot", do you mean physically reboot the whole machine? Or tear down / recreate the VM?

i had to reboot the VM. start->restart.

mine runs on win7 pro. gimme a minute and ill find the driver pack and leviton software version.

but yes, you can create a win7 vm on your win8 device.

oh, it's just RFIT 1.1.2.0

i dont know what to recommend.  install 1.1.2.0, reboot, plug in the USB stick, reboot again, waiting for it to grab the driver, then open the RFIT?

i know we all get bad hardware, but 2 in a row seems a little excessive.

VirtualBox is a free VM host you can run.

jkmonroe said:
oh, it's just RFIT 1.1.2.0

i dont know what to recommend.  install 1.1.2.0, reboot, plug in the USB stick, reboot again, waiting for it to grab the driver, then open the RFIT?

i know we all get bad hardware, but 2 in a row seems a little excessive.

VirtualBox is a free VM host you can run.

how does it show up on your PC.DeviceManager ?  Does it say Leviton or something? I'm trying to find it as RFIT still hanging despite reboots regardless of order, not sure what to look for.

actually i think i found it, still says "uknown device" but shows up as a DeviceType=Printers on general. Not sure how to upload a driver for it though, i'd have thought the RFIT install did that.

yep. I was wrong its not showing up as a printer, no idea what that device is. I'm repeatedly removing/installing with DeviceMgr up so I can figure out what new line is there. Its refreshing itself so its picking up the removal/re-insertion.

no love. I'm 99.99% sure I have a Windows 7 Pro install CD in my basement, my laptop is a slower i5 but barely 20GB free, this might be what finally makes me learn how to build a VM and install the OS to an external USB drive. Google-fu claims its possible. Lets see.

Back