OmniPro II networking setup.

This is an update.  I found the problem.  The default IP address is 192.168.0.101 and my LAN address is 192.168.1.1.  I read the installer instructions to read that the last two octets did not matter as long as the first two octets were the same.  Well, that is wrong.  I changed the Omni Pro address to 192.168.1.101 and it is working fine.  Cockpit error. 

Good news alanethomson!

Here keep on analog serially connected keypad.  You can see or change the IP and keys on your panel via the keypad.

PCA network connected uses the IP and key codes to access your panel.  If you connect PCA via a serial port you can change the IP / keys of the Omnipro panel if you want.  (you need a cable / HAI RS-232 end for this). 

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum.

I'm an old newbie who needs OPii network help. I attended the Automated Outlet OPii installers class in Houston about four years ago and installed the panel in my home in Houston. Then I sold it, moved to Canada for work and now have moved back to Ft Worth. I have an OPii panel (3.10A) in my new home hard wired for alarm zones and two keypads. I've also put in UPB switches and have configured them with Upstart software and the PIM with a serial to USB adapter. 

I still have the dealer PC access 3 software with the file from my old house, so I have something to look at as a guide for setting up zones, codes and automation program routines. With any luck, some of this will come back like riding a bicycle. I also remember one of real chores was getting the panel on the network and then having the software connect to online TCP mode.

I have no problem with the keypad going to 9 then 6 then scrolling down to hardkey the IP address or changing the port, which I have left at 4369. Internet comes from the street into a cable modem and out to an ASUS router (RT - AC1750) which has nine other devices currently hooked into it (Chamberlain garage and gate gateway, Yamaha AVR, Lorex POE cameras, sprinkler, pool, HVAC etc.).That has all been pretty much plug and play. The dedicated apps for these functions work well and I don't see the need for an app of everything with sub-menus. (I also still have Haiku on my phone, but the discussion of the ability to continue to use it and / or the lack of a successor is not at the top of my list right now.)  

The router IPv4 address is 192.168.1.19 with the IPv4 default gateway DHCP server and DNS server all being 192.168.1.1. IPv4 Subnet is 255.255.255.0. I've tried hardkeying both 192.168.1.19 and 192.168.1.1 into the OPii keypad and continue to get the dreaded red flashing light on the panel next to the network plug.  I'm assuming there is something I'm missing and may have to log into the router, but am not sure. Pasting 192.168.1.1 gets me to the router log-in. Before I go any further I'm reaching out for help. Thanks in advance! 

With the OmniPro 2 all you need to configure is the IP / keys with the keypad.  Configure the IP to an unused IP on your subnet.

Configure PCA with same IP and keys as you have configured via the keypad.

Once in with you PCA  software you should update the PCA software and the firmware to the OmniPro 2.

Note typically your router gateway address is the same as your DHCP server and DNS server.

Thanks Pete, You are a wonderful asset to this board and community. I'm up and running with PC access after logging into my router and setting a static IP matching the one I hard keyed into the keypad. Updated the firmware, entered the hardwire zones. Next step is getting the UPB linked in. From my last house file I've got 9600 (baud?) and I had the UPB switches listed out under units, I assume in the same sequential order that they are in upstart. Then I hope to do a few simple programs to get my feet wet again like outdoor lights on 30 minutes after sunset and off 30 minutes before sunrise and entry door from garage open turn on garage lights for 5 minutes.    Chris

From my last house file I've got 9600 (baud?) and I had the UPB switches listed out under units, I assume in the same sequential order that they are in upstart.

Yes.

Here utilize Upstart for my OmniPro 2 UPB network.  I then did a manual transfer of the UPB devices from Upstart.

IE: UPB number ==> UPB Unit Number  Scenes / Links in the sameway ==> manual adds.

I have a UPB PIM floater and a couple of UPB PIMs wired in with serial to ethernet connections.

I leave the HAI UPB PIM connected to the OmniPro 2 panel. (and X10, Z-Wave and Zigbee).

I mostly utilize Linux these days and do Oracle VB's for Windows except for a couple of computers in the house.

I have though left one Windows server running and use this one via RDP (from any computer / any OS) for touchscreen design, Upstart and PCA.

Then I hope to do a few simple programs to get my feet wet again like outdoor lights on 30 minutes after sunset and off 30 minutes before sunrise and entry door from garage open turn on garage lights for 5 minutes.

Here you can utilize each unit number or groups of units via links.

It is only a few lines of programming.

If you add outdoor light/dark motion sensors you can trigger outdoor lights after hours based on what the sensors tell you.

alanethomson said:
I am having trouble with the network setup of my Omni Pro II.  The Omni Pro has been used as a security system and it functions fine.  I even have a few X10 modules set up to turn on two lights.  I decided I would like to do more ALC and HVAC programming so I got the Dealer PC Access 3.  This is where I am stuck.  I have read several threads and I believe the connectivity between the Windows PC and the OPII is suspect.  If I try to ping the OPII using the address that is shown on the keypad it times out in a few seconds.  The OPII is in an OnQ cabinet that also has the wiring hub.  I used a Cat 5e jumper to connect the OPII to a Netgear FS108 dumb switch with the Windows PC  also plugged into the same Netgear switch.  The switch is plugged into a ASUS router and then off to the internet.  I think I need to get the internal connection working first though so that is the focus of my post.

The RJ45 on the Netgear switch shows one green LED in the upper left of the RJ45 while the upper right LED is not lit at all. There are two LEDs to the right of the ethernet RJ45 on the Omno Pro II.  The one closest to the RJ45 is blinking red, the next LED out from the left is a solid red.  Anyone know what those mean?   The D24 Status LED in the Omni is blinking red and the D25 LED is a solid red.

When using the Access 3 program and clicking the connect button the "Off line" never changes to "On line" in the bottom right corner.

Is there a jumper some where on the Omni board that turns on the ethernet?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Usually the LED on the LEFT side of a Ethernet port tells the speed and sometimes its just an on or off. The LED on the RIGHT side usually flashes with activity and is solid if just connected.  This isn't always the same everytime, though.

So, there are two ways to connect the OPII, via a network or directly to a computer.  Its sounds like you are going direct which is JUST cable connected from computer to OPII. 

So the important part here is setting the IP addresses manually because you are NOT using DHCP.  First using the console, set the panel IP address to something like 192.168.1.2   Then in the PC you have to manually pick an IP address like 192.168.1.3      DO NOT USE DHCP. 

If you are using a router, just make sure the OPII IP address is compatible with your router address.  You must be able to PING successfully. If your router is at 192.168.1.1, then set the OPII to an address like 192.168.1.100  The OPII doesn't use DHCP.

I have reached another roadblock on the UPB. I took the HAI PIM off the serial to USB adapter and did the 5x 10x and 1x with a toothpick to take it out of setup mode and attached it to Serial port 3 on the OPii panel which is UPB Function under the expansion tab in PC Access, Double checked that the Network ID and Password in Upstart and in PC access match. Set expansion enclosures to 1 to account for the serial interface module. The names of the lights (Kitch Cans, Dining Cans, etc.) that I entered in as units in PC access in the same numerical order as Upstart come through on Haiku, but no ability to actually control the lights and the information on the lights' status is incorrect. They all register on at 100%. Haiku is working to arm and disarm and when zones are tripped like a door opening, it registers.  Either I'm missing something or this function in Haiku doesn't work, which would be odd since everything else does.  

Set expansion enclosures to 1 to account for the serial interface module.

It sounds from above you have a flash upgradeable OmniPro panel.

That looks like this?

omnipro.jpg

If you have the UPB serial PIM connected to port #3 (left to right) then leave the set expansion enclosure piece at zero (0).

upb.jpg

When you exit Upstart it should reset the HAI PIM to communicating to your OmniPro panel.

Remote control to your panel and look at your UPB PIM.  When you send out a control unit UPB command your UPB PIM should flash.

Thanks, I'm up and running UPB now with a few gremlins. I haven't seen anything on these boards about a successor to Haiku, which I still have on my Iphone. (Most of the reviews of Space I read did not make it sound like a real successor.) It is recognizing the zones and units for the sensors and lights. I can arm the system and adjust the lights and the little program I started off with to turn on outdoor lights at sunset and turn them off five hours later works and shows up in Haiku with remaining time to shutoff. What I am not getting is the status of lights that are controlled from the switches, so it seems a program run by the panel registers and zones that trip also register in the Haiku app, but there is no polling of the switches by the panel to receive any change in status to them or if there is, it isn't being picked up by Haiku. 

At the moment, I have Haiku set to the static IP address of the router that I set up for it (192.168.1.10). Therefore, it is not something I can use away from the house. I had two Haiku files from my former house and one was clearly the router with a 192.168.1.10 type address and the other one may have been the public IP. I tried to set up another Haiku file with the public IP without any luck though. 

Good news!!

I hear that Haiku still is working.

Relating to the public IP address you just need to add an open port on your firewall/router such that it goes to you internal IP for the OmniPro 2.

If your firewall / router has NAT reflection enabled you can leave Haiku set to your public IP address and it should work fine inside and outside of your home as long as you configure your firewall to the HAI port / IP address to pass the traffic.

Yes, I am still running Haiku here.  I do see a failure to connect with the house over cellular sometimes on the first try, which started around iOS 10.3.x on the iPhone.  But clicking on the house and attempting to re-attach has always worked in one or two tries.  It seems to be working better on iOS 11.0.x here.

As to your light status, that should be working in Haiku if your devices are reporting status to the panel.  It does work here.  What UPB devices are you running and do you know if they are configured to report status?

I appreciate the feedback.

NAT was enabled in my router under WAN settings and NAT passthrough is enabled as well. I set up port forwarding for the LAN static IP and identified the port as 4369, the default on the OPii. Protocol is TCP. Tested out fine with the public IP address with wifi off on the phone and later away from the house. Takes a little longer, perhaps five seconds for the commands to go through, but all good. I am currently running IOS 11.0.3 and it is loading right up. 

As to Cobra's questions, I am running SA switches with Upstart and an HAI PIM. I went into Upstart and was looking for a place to configure the switches to report status, but didn't see it. Is this something you do at the switch level for each one or is there some global command setting. I went into an individual switch looking in transmit and receive and came up empty. 

Back