Omnipro weirdness! Help!

The OmniLinkBridge and Homeseer Omni Program polls the thermostat all of the time and I never hear beeps from one console that I have installed.

Do you see an error on the console LED display when it starts to beep?

Way back when I did have the networking issues I would see communications issues with the old serial OmniTouch 5.7 and newer Omnistat 2 thermostats.

Just recently had one phone causing a dead short on the phone line which would trigger a beeping on the console.

Curious when running PCA (and concurrently running Haiku) and looking at status do you see any communications or comm errors on the bottom of the screen in PCA?

The older Homeseer 2 Omnipro serial plugin worked well for me.  I could adjust the polling with that application and never had issues with it.

The only thing I ever saw as it was beeping was as if someone was pushing buttons on the console?! It was like someone pushed buttons going to buttons or something.  Very stange.

The second router is on the other omnipro so we will see how things run for a while.

Thanks!

Neil

I got beeping on the consoles many many years ago from one bad zone.    The exterior door frame shifted a bit and pulled on the contact switch wires.  This was my fault for making the wires too short.  I rewired it then I was fine to go.

With the old and new Homeseer Omni plugin I could watch the zones and could configure a trigger depending on a zone or a general log entry.

Can you do this with Haiku?  

Do you see anything in the status on PCA when one console beeps (or is it)?

I record any of the zones opening and closing.  I don't see any reports in my logs :(

new firewall / router is in place for the other omni.  I have noticed my haiku ipads are still disconnecting from my larger omni and that is bad...

I was hoping without the crazy amount of traffic on those devices it would happen less often or never.

I have noticed my haiku ipads are still disconnecting from my larger omni and that is bad...

Is that all that is going on?  Just the Haiku ipads disconnecting?  Do you have any other ethernet connections to the panel?  Are there problems with any of these ethernet connections (Omnitouch consoles, IP cameras , et al).

Search through the Cocoontech forum about reported issues using first versions of Haiku app.   Is this what you are using?

Test ....not sure how many Haiku consoles you are using....take them off line one at a time...or upgrade to new version as documented here on the forum.

If you are using newer rewritten Haiku app then ask on the authors forum and ask other users if they are having issues.

Then using the OpenWRT diagnostic network traffic screen watch the amount of traffic hitting the LAN side of the micro router.  (10 Mb 1/2 duplex)

You can do further analysis with OpenWRT TCP Dump and or Wireshark.  

Specifically watch the Haiku traffic (mac addresses).  

With the OpenWRT OS you can QOS the Haiku traffic ...it might be hogging the interface ....and most likely you cannot throttle the software...

the Haiku helper is constantly poling the omnis and I assume working.  It could be crappy wifi.  We suffer here with the block and steel stud construction of poor coverage. 

These are like ipad 1's so they are antiquated and I if I was staying I would re-consider replacing with more current ipads and using myrohome which is far superior but we will be out of here in the next 12 months so a bad investment.

The author of Haiku is gone. Missing, dead, stolen, kidnapped no one knows.  His model didn't work just like many in the home automation genre.  I've ordered some more Omnipro parts for the next house maybe I am a glutton for punishment.

Neil

Back