Powering smokes just outside can?

IVB said:
DEL (or anyone else who knows) a few questions if you wouldn't mind. My 2WMOD is lost in USPS somewhere so I can't physically look at it but i'm hoping to get the daisy chain & other wiring done now so I can just plug it in.

1) What value EOLR should I use? I have 2200 Ohm as I was using 4 wire. The Elk manual says 820 Ohm for 2 wire but you say "The 2WMOD gets wired to the panel the same as a 4 wire smoke."

god damnit I just noticed the system sensor manual has a note that says 3.9K EOL. But it doesn't mention the value of the EOL for the 2W-MOD2. (Looking at https://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/Documents/2W-MOD2_RRS-MOD_modulewiring_techbulletin.pdf  )

And the radio shacks are all now closed. Hopefully I don't have to pay $10 shipping for a few $0.75 parts.

You should already have all the parts on hand and what is needed will come with the 2WMOD. Only thing not included is splicing materials and cable.

The fire IDC gets wired as a 4 wire loop as far as the panel goes using 2.2K. The 2 wire portion gets wired using the resistor that comes with the module. The maintenance portion uses the panel 2.2K.

Set the dip on the RRS for a + trigger, non-temp 3 and use OUT 3 with the RRS and a jumper from the panel + aux and program the output to close on a fire alarm on the zone you are landing the devices on.

Even though the loop is a 2 wire loop, the panel is going to see it as a 4 wire for all intents and purposes.

Back