touchpad firesale starts the 20th

Luck be with me! My other order for 2 of the 99.99 16GB's arrived @ my house just a bit ago!! Did not get a shipping notice or anything. Wild.

Just now one of my orders cancelled (for 2 of the 32GB). I have another order with them for 2 16GB that has not yet canceled.

If anyone finds they have an extra they don't need, I will be happy to buy it from you!

My thought was a home automation toy first, and a cheap tablet for my daughter to watch movies on (much safer than the iPad!).

got word today my OnSale order AND Barnes & Noble orders were canceled :(

I did get the one at WalMart at least....

I spent last night tweaking it out, installed PreWare and overclocked it, turned off all the logging and such, it runs SOOOoo much faster.

got word today my OnSale order AND Barnes & Noble orders were canceled :(

I did get the one at WalMart at least....

I spent last night tweaking it out, installed PreWare and overclocked it, turned off all the logging and such, it runs SOOOoo much faster.

EDIT - Found what looks to be a good one - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037670169

I heard that too about the logging off making it faster. - do you have any favorite sites that will tell me how to do this? Haven't got mine out of the boxes yet.

The tutorial you linked to above is the same instructions I followed. I could not get the 1.7 Ghz patch to work, no matter what I did.

However, there is a fairly easy to get it to 1.5 Ghz. Once Preware is installed open it.

In "Applications" find and install "Govnah", this allows control of the CPU. Then from the root menu, Select "Available Patches", then "Kernal" and then "All". Select the "UberKernal(TouchPad)" and click install. Reboot.

Now run the Govnah app, and set the max CPU speed to the 1.5 Ghz. Thats it, it will run MUCH faster.

Freaky...got a shipping confirmation on one of my 32Gb HP Tablet orders...no number though...wondering if I should get my hopes up now?

i think any orders before monday @ HP smb are supposed to ship. i got a shipment notification for my 2nd HPA order

The tutorial you linked to above is the same instructions I followed. I could not get the 1.7 Ghz patch to work, no matter what I did.

However, there is a fairly easy to get it to 1.5 Ghz. Once Preware is installed open it.

In "Applications" find and install "Govnah", this allows control of the CPU. Then from the root menu, Select "Available Patches", then "Kernal" and then "All". Select the "UberKernal(TouchPad)" and click install. Reboot.

Now run the Govnah app, and set the max CPU speed to the 1.5 Ghz. Thats it, it will run MUCH faster.

This thing was really - really doggy until I was able to turn off the logging. The various tweaks here were easy to follow. I didn't feel the need to go more than the govnah util allowed for. Very snappy now!

Been actively looking for the 16GB model, but due to Best Buy's shenanigans, I missed out on the inventory. It looks like many Best Buy's are still stocking them (check the SlickDeals forums for more info), but I am giving up, not worth the stress. If you have an extra 16GB looking to dump, let me know ;)

Basically I have one chance left for one 32Gb HP tablet.

Its been a week or so since a very optimistic customer service conversation.

Nothing so far; so I have become somewhat a pessimist; and going back to playing with my Joggler; amazing little device; nicer than the Chumby.

I installed Damage's Python script for some HW control modifying it a bit and it works well with the Joggler; similiar to the Chumby; faster though.

Yeah, I have all but given up the search. I figure I will try to snag one from HP if they go live, but I am not going to sit and refresh the page constantly waiting for it! And no more Best Buy trips! I would love one for $99, but I can live without.

Personally, I think in a couple of weeks there is going to be a mini fire sale for all the resellers who haven't found buyers on ebay. I can't imagine there are that many people out there really wanting to spend over $200 for the TP, at least once the craze dies down.

Well I got a tracking number today for the 32Gb HP tablet. Made my day.

Damage, what you doing with your tablet? I like the cyanogen mod 7.

Kind of looking to do that with the Joggler; Joggler OS, Android and Ubuntu. - but do a default thing if I don't choose OS.

Been actively looking for the 16GB model, but due to Best Buy's shenanigans, I missed out on the inventory. It looks like many Best Buy's are still stocking them (check the SlickDeals forums for more info), but I am giving up, not worth the stress. If you have an extra 16GB looking to dump, let me know ;)

haha, "...shenanigans..."

Made me think of SuperTroopers:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247745/quotes

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
Mac: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Thorny: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
[as they hand the Captain their pistols]

Back