Will ELK produce a Honeywell IAQ interface?

This has all been great information. I too have tried to call Honeywell about this and got the run around.

All I received from Honeywell was the same unfinished C code that other people seem to be getting. I thought that I was going to have to write a wrapper around that, but it looks like you all have done a lot of the work already so that I can probably use a different programming language. I assume that no one has been able to find the elusive EnviroCOM Application Layer Specification document.

I have both the stat and RS232 module working, and have been able to confirm that the documents provided on this forum are mostly acurate just using hyperterminal. Has anyone considered buying the in2networks module and reverse engineering it? It looks like they are just throwing a W8735A1005 in a box with a web enabled ethernet adapter, so it should be fairly easy to probe what they are sending back and forth to the W8735A1005.

I am in the process of adding a ethernet or wireless port to the W8735A1005 because no one uses serial anymore. I have pulled the info off most of the chips, and it should not be that hard to do.

I have a vested intrest in doing this because of the money I have already spent, and if I can help anyone else, please let me know.

This has all been great information. I too have tried to call Honeywell about this and got the run around.

All I received from Honeywell was the same unfinished C code that other people seem to be getting. I thought that I was going to have to write a wrapper around that, but it looks like you all have done a lot of the work already so that I can probably use a different programming language. I assume that no one has been able to find the elusive EnviroCOM Application Layer Specification document.

I have both the stat and RS232 module working, and have been able to confirm that the documents provided on this forum are mostly acurate just using hyperterminal. Has anyone considered buying the in2networks module and reverse engineering it? It looks like they are just throwing a W8735A1005 in a box with a web enabled ethernet adapter, so it should be fairly easy to probe what they are sending back and forth to the W8735A1005.

I am in the process of adding a ethernet or wireless port to the W8735A1005 because no one uses serial anymore. I have pulled the info off most of the chips, and it should not be that hard to do.

I have a vested intrest in doing this because of the money I have already spent, and if I can help anyone else, please let me know.

wouldnt it just be easier to get the In2Networks adapter from the start? i am with you, i have been wanting to get it all working right but it seems that their module has it already working. maybe we can put together a group buy, i am in need of 2. sign me up.

wouldnt it just be easier to get the In2Networks adapter from the start? i am with you, i have been wanting to get it all working right but it seems that their module has it already working. maybe we can put together a group buy, i am in need of 2. sign me up.

I thought about this, but my issue with theirs is that it is a system that pushes all of your thermostat information to one of their servers which you have to log into t0 set or view your stat. Plus, it looks like they are charging $99 a year for access to this web site (ie your stat). I know this is just business, but I would prefer to have direct control of my stat and not have to pay a price to use a service. I am assuming the box would not work without their service, but I might be wrong.

I thought about this, but my issue with theirs is that it is a system that pushes all of your thermostat information to one of their servers which you have to log into t0 set or view your stat. Plus, it looks like they are charging $99 a year for access to this web site (ie your stat). I know this is just business, but I would prefer to have direct control of my stat and not have to pay a price to use a service. I am assuming the box would not work without their service, but I might be wrong.

My understanding is that the In2networks energy module is expected to replace the serial module. It is possible to use the module without having to pay. You have only limited capability(ie viewing stat info only). You also have access to the stat through the built-in module webpage(ie. myhome). You can set and view but not the complete stat set. The only driver that I am aware of for the stat is for mControl. They recently released a plugin for the energy and vista ICMs. I would guess there will be others to follow for other automation software. The stat and functionality kick butt, so I bit the bullet and bought the energy module. Should get it this week to start testing it.

I have a very "dumb" question to ask? What is the reason you guys are looking for this info? Are you trying to connect to the VisionPro IAQ/8000 for your own use/control? Or do you have another application in mind? I'm asking only because I have a company that installs home electronic systems such as theaters, music, lighting, etc... and would like to tie in the Honeywell tstats with an automation system I sold a client. The HVAC company installed VisionPro IAQ tstats and EnviraCom so that I could, but I can't seem to find the serial protocols I need to communicate with. As you both mention, calls to Honeywell about this is a dead end. I was told the EnviraCom was built so that "you guys" could connect to it and build "your own program." I told the guy, "we're not magicians..." Anyways, I've been searching the web hoping to find that info. My fingers are crossed that the documents you've both provided can help in some way. So thanks.

Indeed, my goal was to connect the VisionPro to the ELK M1G in order to control / modify the home's temperature cycles based on a set of rules.

Ex:
- if alarm set to away, then automatically reduce temp.
- if several zones are open for extended periods of time, then reduce A/C or lower temp
etc

However, given that there is no support from Elk on this, and Honeywell is as helpful as a rock, I ended up giving up. Which is a real shame considering how superior a product the VisionPro is.

If you do manage to get anywhere and do succeed in programming it via the serial interface, I would be happy to hear how it goes.

Thanks,

Eric

I'm trying to get a serial adaptor with no luck. Anyone here have a spare W8735A that is no longer in use? Or can send a picture of the PCB board of your W8735A? I want to see if I can repurpose some other PCB for this purpose? Thank you!

Back