Wooohooo! I Got my M1XEP to send emails again

drvnbysound said:
So, you downloaded the XEP V2 exe file, and that won't run properly?

Have you tried running it as an administrator?

I didn't have any issue running it. I first get the warning window (as you described). When I choose Next on that window, I get this one:

index.php

After selecting OK, it puts the V2 bin files into the folder above. This allows them to be available in the drop-down menus within ElkRP, as an option for upgrade.

I do not have the ability to get to that screen. There is no "next" button. The warning screen is small and  I hae scrolled around in it and can not fid a next button. I have also reduced the screen resolution on the pc with the same results. I have also looked at the program's properties and there is no way to run it in compatibility mode.

Here is a screen shot.I  know that it is hard to see but it shows the window size in proportion to the desktop and the  window size will not change. I can't open it up larger. It's probably a windows 8 problem.

I'll have to try the upgrade on a windows 7 machine but I'd be interested to know if any other cocooners are using windows 8. I swore that I would never buy  a machine with win8 but I like that this machine uses a touch screen and  it requires the Win8 OS. 

Mike.

When I choose to run the .exe I first get the Windows UAC window:
index.php

BTW: Windows doesn't allow you to use PrintScreen while the UAC window is active, so I had to remote desktop to another machine and produce the UAC message; I used another program that prompts an UAC message, then edited the screen shot to display the Program Name as it does for the XEP update. Basically, I did some MSPaint editing to the original UAC message to recreate a replica UAC message for the XEP update. Wow, that's really hard to explain... 

When I choose Yes, I then get the warning window:
index.php

That second screen shot is helpful. I see that you have two buttons on the bottom of the screen. I have neither and so I have no way to continue. I'm considering returning this pc for a windows 7 machine, this is not my first compatibility problem

Mike.

drvnbysound said:
Tested and working. I have SSL email functionality... FINALLY!!!
Excellent! How did the upgrade deal with your setup info? Did it retain ip address and dns addresses? How about the actual email messages? How much did you have to re configure?

Mike.

Edit: regarding the installation program problem that I was having (missing buttons}, I just returned that pc to bestbuy. It was a combination laptop/tablet that was apparently not compatible with all windows applications. It was supposed to be a full windows 8.1 64bit OS but there were more than a couple of things that I had trouble with. It also had a bad habit of typing double characters when I typed them once. Drove me nuts typing in passwords when I couldn't see what it was typing.

Mike.

My upgrade retained all information. As such, I did not have to perform any re-configuration. Having said that, all of my firmware were up-to-date prior to this.

My elk m1 boarddoes not have the latest firmware, but is running just fine.

Is it okay to update the xep to this? And not mess with the m1 firmware?

treo650 said:
My elk m1 boarddoes not have the latest firmware, but is running just fine. Is it okay to update the xep to this? And not mess with the m1 firmware?

Great question for Spanky.

I updated my M1G firmware earlier this year when I was still having DST issues. The latest M1G firmware solved those issues for me.

drvnbysound said:
My upgrade retained all information. As such, I did not have to perform any re-configuration. Having said that, all of my firmware were up-to-date prior to this.

Same here, but i had to switch to DHCP to get gmail to work since they don't have IP addresses and the manual DNS settings would not work for me. 

jlegault said:
Same here, but i had to switch to DHCP to get gmail to work since they don't have IP addresses and the manual DNS settings would not work for me

Who doesn't have IP addresses?

What DNS server(s) do you use? I have mine setup to use my ISP's DNS addresses; I assume if my ISP is down, I'm not going to be able to reach the DNS anyway.

For me the above is moot, because I'm using my own hosted email service; not utilizing Gmail or another provider... just trying to understand the problem and help if possible.

Spanky said:
Darn cat keeps escaping from the bag!
Any way to view the SPAR's to without getting the .EXE? On a different machine that I don't have my RP databases and FW on and feeling lazy/wondering if there is a bullet point highlight.

Back