Wooohooo! I Got my M1XEP to send emails again

video321 said:
Does the XEP try to establish a connection with the M1Cloud service automatically; even without an account?

I would guess it is pinging the cloud service to at least provide connection info. I'd guess you can probably shut it off, but I don't see any obvious way to. 

I updated a second XEP yesterday with no issues. I'll probably try and do (2) more this week as well. No issues to report. Glad to have SSL email functionality.

I updated the xep to v2 this morning with no problems. I used gmail with my standard ATT dns servers and it successfully sent a couple of email tests.

Mike..

A question before I upgrade...

I have occasionally used the built in java server to control the M1 from my desktop computer. I'm assuming since that is gone, there's no way to do that anymore? Since it is a java app that runs in the browser, is there a way to do the java equivalent of saving the app to disk and running it from there? All of the APIs that it used should still exist, right?

The isy, for example, had at least one java app that you could run from a file rather than running from the device.

drvnbysound said:
M1ToGo is a desktop application used to access (and replace the need for the Java webserver) the system from a PC.
Downside is you no longer can access the M1 from any PC anywhere without installing software, which negates an end user from using anything but their own machine (most browsers and PC's have java of some flavor installed at hotels, etc. for guest use) which was/is attractive to some accounts I have....using a hotel's PC that is exceptionally locked down, they were/are still able to connect to their PC via DDNS and the embedded Java. Only issue is when later versons of java exist or security settings prevent the older versions from running.

It's a bittersweet resolution.

Agreed.

However, they were having issues maintaining the working ability anyway, which is why M1ToGo was developed. With the number of browsers, and Java version releases there were compatibility issues.

I was using my W7 Pro laptop with Firefox and the latest version of Java, while a client was using his netbook (W7 Starter) with the same version of Firefox and Java. I could get the Java webpage to load, he couldn't. Installing M1ToGo allowed him to connect to the system.

Generally speaking, those who I know with M1 systems connect remotely via their phone/tablet 99% of the time anyway.

I'm  updated my firmware. I'm not seeing any options that specifically indicate to use an SSL connection... When connecting to gmail, is the use of SSL automatic when the standard SMTP port is used? Do I need to do anything special?

The interface is the same (within M1XEP). The difference is that you can now enter the settings to utilize SSL service and it works.

For example for Gmail:
Server URL: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465 (alternates: 587)

With the previous version, you could enter the above settings, but it wouldn't work because SSL was not supported.

Hi, how long does it take once done is pressed on the update?

I updated, and it's been a while now and I cannot log back in..

First I updated boot image, then second I updated firmware.

How long does it take to reconnect?

The instructions tell you not to attempt to log back in for 8 minutes.

I followed the instructions to a T, and have successfully upgraded (4) XEPs without issue.

Back