Wooohooo! I Got my M1XEP to send emails again

treo650 said:
Hi, how long does it take once done is pressed on the update? I updated, and it's been a while now and I cannot log back in.. First I updated boot image, then second I updated firmware. How long does it take to reconnect?

If you still can't connect, maybe it was issued a different IP address. There is a "Find" option that should find it on your local network. 

jlegault said:
If you still can't connect, maybe it was issued a different IP address. There is a "Find" option that should find it on your local network. 
Bingo. Listed in the FW directions. The only way it'll come back at the same IP is if you run a static or reserved DHCP on your network hardware.

Yup that was it.

I had t put the jumper back on, make it dhcp mode. Then reconnect to my router.

All is good now.

However, I do notice email messages take a bit slower to send as opposed to the older firmware. Anyone agree?

treo650 said:
Yup that was it. I had t put the jumper back on, make it dhcp mode. Then reconnect to my router. All is good now. However, I do notice email messages take a bit slower to send as opposed to the older firmware. Anyone agree?

Agreed.

Well, this is the most useful thing that's happened to my M1 in about three years (upgraded to 2.0.22).  I just received the first email from the M1 in at least that long, and can confirm, by the way, that this allows it to work with email hosted by Bluehost (popular with Wordpress - based sites).

Unfortunately, it does nothing to allow access using my Mac, so that problem remains unless someone can think of a solution (appreciated if you can, of course).  But this is a very useful update and it's nice to see Elk finally doing something helpful with the XEP, which I thought they had forgotten about.  Greatly appreciated.

Nope. Well known issue. Not accessible w/ Mac unless login & PW disabled (leaving pass code only for security, which can be easily over-ridden). We all thought it was a Java issue, but it still doesn't work. Must use eKeypad.

BTW, can't quote above post using TapATalk on iPad, either. But that's another issue...

Gotcha.

I've got an iPhone and iPad, but no Mac computers - so I'm unfamiliar with the browser issue you mention. My remote access is 100% eKeypad, but I've installed M1ToGo for a few people with PCs with good success.

Email sending is slow on the new firmware.. About 45-50seconds

I wish I would have stuck with the old firmware, and use a non ssl email SMTP, like gmx.

It was more instantaneous on the old firmware

treo650 said:
Email sending is slow on the new firmware.. About 45-50seconds I wish I would have stuck with the old firmware, and use a non ssl email SMTP, like gmx. It was more instantaneous on the old firmware

I don;t think that you can blame the firmware update fro the speed difference without lots of testing. It could just be that your new smtp server is slow for any number of reasons like internet routing and traffic.

Mike.

I might be missing something, but is this a big deal considering one usually has new email checks refreshed every five minutes or so on a device?

The thing I would be worried about is that the reporting to the central station (monitoring) is still robust (I get a 1.5 second response currently with my IP monitoring).

BraveSirRobbin said:
I might be missing something, but is this a big deal considering one usually has new email checks refreshed every five minutes or so on a device?

The thing I would be worried about is that the reporting to the central station (monitoring) is still robust (I get a 1.5 second response currently with my IP monitoring).

For that reason, I generally don't have messages sent to my email accounts, although my Gmail app receives them pretty much instantly. Rather, I send them to my phone as text messages, this way I'm more likely to get and check the message right away. With VZ, you use [email protected]; each carrier has their own domain. More info [on the VZ offering] here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2013/06/computer-to-phone-text-messaging.html

I agree with drvnbysound. I send as text to an ATT network, but my phone always gets new email notifications before my PC when using Gmail.
Sending an email though you could customize the ringtone to something attention getting. I can't do that with texts (my txt is from a different sequential # each time) only MMS - but MMS isn't as reliable.

treo650 said:
Email sending is slow on the new firmware.. About 45-50seconds I wish I would have stuck with the old firmware, and use a non ssl email SMTP, like gmx. It was more instantaneous on the old firmware

anyone know of a way for me to revert back to the old firmware??

email sending is slow on the new ssl firmware, even sending out to TXT messages. (its a smtp out delay)

Back