ELK Stay Instant: why the 60 second countdown?

DIYitAll

If the system knows I'm staying home, and rightfully, the alarm sounds when I violate the system within that 60 second countdown, then what's the purpose of the delay?

Exit delay, no entry delay...it's a CP-01 feature, as agreed upon by most (if not all) manufacturers and municipal and alarm standards committees.

Say you're arming it stay/instant and leaving and someone is remaining in the house? Usually any exit delay before the system arms is a non-issue.

DIYitAll said:
If the system knows I'm staying home, and rightfully, the alarm sounds when I violate the system within that 60 second countdown, then what's the purpose of the delay?
DEL is right as to the reason why - but to add clarity, it should only violate during that countdown for certain zone types.  Those defined as entry zones would let you exit while the house is counting down for the reasons DEL stated (spouse still home sleeping for instance).

Ahhhh.....that's what I was thinking (leaving house, spouse sleeping).  Where I went wrong in my testing is I popped a bedroom window open, which isn't defined as an entry zone.   

Cheers!

Back