“Leave for Work” or “Pet” feature with two Zone Violations

johngalt

Greetings,

The Elk manual says. “Leave for Work” or “Pet” feature - When armed in one of the Stay modes a User may press the Exit key to re-start the exit delay in order to open an exit/entry door and leave for work. The system remains in the Stay mode in case other family members are still in the house. This can also be used to let a pet outdoors. When the pet is ready to come back inside the User can press the Exit key again to restart the timer and open the door. 

My door has a plunger to monitor deadbolt status as well as a normal door contact.

When I am armed stay and I hit the Exit button it works when I unlock the door.  However, once I open the door the entry timer starts and I need to enter my code in.

It appears that this feature only works for one zone violation why I want to to work for two.

Both zones I want to temporarily violate are Burglar Entry/Exit 1.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I suspect you are right about the "one violation" rule...

I have a similar arrangement on a door leading to a basement, but we never use it for exit.  I have the deadbolt sensor set up as auxiliary 24 hour with appropriate rule announcements that prevent us from arming (any mode) if the deadbolt is unlocked (even thought the door is closed).  It seems to me you could leave the door with the exit delay, put the deadbolt on auxiliary, and then write whatever rules you need. 

Thanks.

Are there pro/cons as using it as a aux 24 hour vs non-alarm? I need to look into that zone definition since I have never used it.

I just checked my ElkRP setup, and I goofed:  My deadbolt is, in fact, non-alarm--not auxiliary.  

Auxiliary sends reports to the communicator.  Non-alarm doesn't, and is designed for rules.  A more complete description is in the Elk manual (p 30).

Ahh, that makes perfect sense.

I have a lot of non alarm zones so I am familiar. I just need to figure out how to set my rules.

Thanks for the idea.

Back