2 conductor armored cable

jab

I'm looking for some 22/2 or 22/4 armored cable to use on an exterior gate sensor. I'm more worried about wacking it with the weedeater or other yard tools than I am someone cutting. I need about 10'. Does anyone know where I can order some armored cable that is in the 22 gauge range and either 1 pr or 2 pr?

Thanks

I'm looking for some 22/2 or 22/4 armored cable to use on an exterior gate sensor. I'm more worried about wacking it with the weedeater or other yard tools than I am someone cutting. I need about 10'. Does anyone know where I can order some armored cable that is in the 22 gauge range and either 1 pr or 2 pr?

Thanks

You can buy just the armor itself at Lowes or HD then run wire in it. Its actually pretty cheap. Might also look into plastic or metal conduit.

The only thing to look out for is if its code or not (I know if you are running 120V in conduit/armor it has to be separate conductors), but since its low voltage it might not matter.

Worst case is you take regular 22/2 or 22/4 and pull the individual conductors out and then put THOSE in the aluminum armor.

Yes the armored cable on the garage door sensor is just what I'm looking for. I just want to buy the cable. It is much smaller in diameter than what is sold in the electrical supplies. I've got two of those garage door sensors but the lead isn't long enough for what I need. Same with the door loop. Those are both examples of what I'm after.

How long do you need? If you search hard enough, those door loops come in a variety of lengths - but 18" is the most common.

These Guys also sell it in bulk - might be able to email and request a specific length.

If you are installing an external contact typically you would use an armored cable equipped contact and run it to a junction box close by and then run conduit from there on out to the house / panel etc...

You can buy the armor separately in small sizes (3/8" trade size) from the major lock manufacturers such as Securitron.It is not weatherproof or watertight. Barring that, you can purchase small sealtite flex conduit from most electrical suppliers by the foot.

GRI also sells it, however you need to buy a standard putup, not by the foot.

I used Sealtite from HD for my line voltage landscape lights, but you'd need to visit the electrical supply house to get a small size.

Looks like it's as small as 3/8".

Back