2009 halloween graveyard using INSTEON, Light Show Master, ISY-99

MikeB

Here's a video of my 2009 Halloween graveyard. Lights and props controlled with INSTEON devics and a combination of the ISY-99 from Universal Devices and Light Show Master. Fog wasn't working well because it was such a windy day, but other than that things went well.

I was a bit short on setup time, so didn't get to do a lot of things I had hoped for. Hopefully next year I'll have more time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZFrasLrISQ&fmt=18

Looks great MikeB. I was using LSM also. Great little program for fading lights on/off throughout the cemetary. I see Xpendable's ground breaker zombie wiggling about in your video. Looks good.

I see Xpendable's ground breaker zombie wiggling about in your video. Looks good.

Yep, that was from him! I wish I had more time to tune it, but it looked pretty good as-is I thought.

How did you do the Huff Road + Cemetery sign? That alone is nice.

I built a box and mounted some rope lighting in it. A buddy of mine who does sign work printed the front which adhered to a piece of plexiglass-type material. The granite background (which you can't see in the dark) stops the light fairly well, but the red lettering is translucent enough to glow with the rope lighting on.

I built a box and mounted some rope lighting in it. A buddy of mine who does sign work printed the front which adhered to a piece of plexiglass-type material. The granite background (which you can't see in the dark) stops the light fairly well, but the red lettering is translucent enough to glow with the rope lighting on.
Wow. A lot of work just on this one peice alone. Good job and thanks for the information.

Yeah. The sign cost me the most $ in the end, but the most work was actually building the side pillars, figuring out how to mount the sign, access panels, stopping them from blowing over in the wind, etc... Hopefully they'll survive a couple Massachusetts winters under a tarp so I get some use out of them!

I like the addition of the skull in the hand of the FCG. Looks really good. How was your ToT turn out?

Great... lots of kids, young and old, and lots of compliments. A handful (even older kids) who refused to go in, which was funny. All in all the compliments from the kids make it worthwhile!

I was a bit short on setup time, so didn't get to do a lot of things I had hoped for. Hopefully next year I'll have more time.
Bunk! That took a lot of time to set up and it looked very cool! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for Christmas.

I'll bet it did take a bunch of time but, I would bet that MikeB is a lot like my wife and I. No matter how much time you but in, it's still not enough. My wife and I collectively spent hundreds of hours on our Halloween Haunted Garage starting Nov. 1st of '08 and we were still tweaking up to the very last minute. We've already started plans for next year (which include a HUGE new addition and at least 5-6 more volunteers) and, like this year, we'll probably wish we had more time to work on it.

Bunk! That took a lot of time to set up and it looked very cool! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for Christmas.

I don't typically do much for Christmas. It's too dang cold outside here in MA!

I'll bet it did take a bunch of time but, I would bet that MikeB is a lot like my wife and I. No matter how much time you but in, it's still not enough. My wife and I collectively spent hundreds of hours on our Halloween Haunted Garage starting Nov. 1st of '08 and we were still tweaking up to the very last minute. We've already started plans for next year (which include a HUGE new addition and at least 5-6 more volunteers) and, like this year, we'll probably wish we had more time to work on it.

Any photos or videos??

Any photos or videos??
Yeah, we have a few photos of the front when set up. I'll try to post to Photobucket today or tomorrow and link. It was nutty. After putting our heads together for the count, we had nearly 600 ToT's, approx. 1000 visitors and over 400 who walked the haunted Garage. Crazy for our second "public" year.

Back