6 Channel Master Hub and Weather Display

TonyH

Hi All,

I have a 6 Channel Master Hub, supplied with power, with the following attached:

ch2 Main = Temp/Humidity Module, WS1

ch2 Aux = Barometer

ch3 Main = Rain Counter

All kit is Hobby Boards.

I am having problems getting WD to keep hold of my Rain Counter, it appears on first load of WD, then it says "No Rain Device resetting". I have tried many combinations of setup, but still won't hold onto the gauge. It reads the ROM ID all the time, but will not allocate in the software. I have posted on the WD forum, they suggested to do away with the 6ch hub.

I have a seperate serial connector, but cannot power the Barometer without the hub.

Should the 6ch master hub act like an ethernet hub? i.e I plug my connection from the seperate serial adaptor into a port on the hub, and then be able to read other devices on other ports? Mine does not seem to work this way, the only way I can see devices attached is by using the 6ch master hub serial connection.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Tony

Just been through the how-to on the hub, it mentions in and out connections. My hub is labelled as Channel Number and Main or Aux, which one is the in connection, and is this the port I should connect my serial adaptor to, if I am NOT using the built in adaptor?

Thanks

Just been through the how-to on the hub, it mentions in and out connections. My hub is labelled as Channel Number and Main or Aux, which one is the in connection, and is this the port I should connect my serial adaptor to, if I am NOT using the built in adaptor?

Thanks

Tony,

The Master Hub doesn't have a pass-through and there is no way to use an external adaptor with the Master Hub, you can only do that with the regular Hub. I really don't think it is a problem with the Master Hub I think it has something to do with the way WD accesses the Hub and it will happen with the Master Hub or a regular Hub. I don't know exactly how Brian is accessing the Hub but it seems to only be WD that has this problem.

Eric

Yes, it must be your program.

I also have the HB 6 channel master hub.
I am running the Rain gauge HB sells, plus a HB humidity sensor, two HB temp sensors and a HB barometer.

All units function perfectly with the master hub and the Wserver weather software.

Back